LK77

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by LK77

1. Sorry to hear about your hand and I would get a second opinion. Congrats to all that have new babies. My sister will be here from California tomorrow I cant contain my excitement anymore on her arrival. Today is major cleaning day and scrubbing my filthy floors. Tonight is trivia night.
  2. Well today Iam hoping to work on Cortneys house even though I have been saying that for a few days now. Today my baby turns 5!!! We currently are having a snow storm no school today over 6 inches has fallen with more to come. I have to clean up the dining room and kitchen from our superbowl party which really turned out well except for me I fell asleep on the couch during the game.I have my sister coming in from California on Wednesday which Iam happy there is snow for her to see she has never seen snow.
  3. I feel today should be a mini day!! didn't happen yet and Pete informed me on karoke night tonight at home seeing I have to use the dining room table as my work space for now.
  4. I can relate to you on the whole stress level and the job hunt!! You are not alone there. My little house is screaming at me too. I have to get a new car too once taxes come back. I too dislike change and simply say change is good it will get better!! I tend to go into panic mode sometimes over changes. Today we have snow showers and is going to be cold. I must wash the laundry today and get it caught up. My floors are in despite need of a good washing but really but I see no sense in doing it atleast not today LOL. when no one in my house knows enough to wipe there shoes off on the rug or say clean floors take shoes off just doesn't click with my family Plus my 4 pack of dogs. I feel today should be a mini day!!
  5. Today Iam defenitly going to be working on my little house (Cortneys House) today. I have had several of my friends and my boyfriends son ask if its finished yet so Iam feeling inspired today.I also have another idea rolling around in my head and might have another house in mind. Since the houses been moved into the gargage storage area they really are screaming at me on what they want to be. Today I might adventure out and rescue them.
  6. Thank you Selkie and Deb and everyone else Thank you for your help. I fel better now I have the instruction sheet. Now I can repaint my left wall when I read replies on repainting I was like duh why didnt I think of that guess it was the freak out of screwing up factor.
  7. Iam working on the spring fling little build from 2009 not sure where my instructions ended up so I have been just trying to build it mainly dry fit right now. I think I painted my left wall on the wrong side it has a little lip on the edge to from what I can see will hold the trim piece so any ideas on how to correct my paint job? I thought about sanding it off but not sure if thats a good idea or if should just wallpaper that one wall? Any advice would be greatly apperciated. Lyn
  8. Today I have alot to do housework and write trivia questions for tonight. Bake brownies with my 4 almost 5 year old today . Hoping to work on my little house too
  9. I recently miss placed my instructions to the 2009 spring fling house Does anyone have a copy or is there one posted?
  10. Mj wow you certainly are busy. I too use to have show horses and its amazing yes you can not have just one horse. I currently live in NY... I stay at home with my family after just recently jost my job and my other half as I call him we have been together 4 years aqnd decided to move in together which is the best move we have ever made and after my divorce never thought I would live with anyone else but life is good. Our house is extremly busy and chotic at times. I live with my brother Pete(other half) my 4 kids 19,16,12,5 . We also have our kids that live with there other parent who are 16 and 14. So its alot of ages and stages. Someone is always home. We also have 4 dogs and 2 cats huge fish tank. My oldest and brother both work nights even though Pete works days we are night owls as well seeing we have the PDJ sound on the side as well which is alot of fun. It works out pretty well between my brother Pete and I. Iam looking for a new job currently. They support me in getting my dollhouses back out and think its pretty cool they both agreed that I spend way too much time cleaning there is a logical reasoning for that 2 guys living together for 5 years ommm windows blinds cobwebs the things men over look :teary: . They pick on me because I have alot of OCD things that really bug me. We all take turns with the cooking during the week and then left overs for the weekend works good. I like books Dean Koontz is my favorite colors are tans and things like that. My goals are to get a better paying job but I have experience working in retail deli jobs and home improvement stores( they pay well). My last job caused too much stress on my family and things got out of hand so that I quit working there. This year is my year!!! My favorite hobby/business is PDJ and I havea outlet of gaining knowledge through Trivia as well.
  11. I recently dug out a room box I totally forgot I had but come up with a great idea for it.. I was want to make a mini replica for it of our sound system and be able to have it on display for trivia night think it would be cool. How do I go about making one any ideas?
  12. Today Iam going to finish laundry and get the kitchen put back together yesterday was a horrible day just didnt do alot besides go see a friend. This weekend we dont have dj stuff going on but have thought of getting ahold of where we do trivia out of and have a karoke night thinking tonight if the mood strikes us but on the other hand it would be nice to have a weekend off.After everything that happened yesterday my other half bought me a new dremmel kit its awesome so I want to play with that today. I defentily have to run the vacum today with 4 dogs its horrid.
  13. Yesterday it only got to 29 degrees here in ny but it felt like a heat wave after being in 5-10 degrees. Today will be 29 degrees.
  14. Today I will be spending my time working on Cortneys little house. After i get my dinner cooking which iam waiting for the icebox of a car i have to warm up to go to the grocery store.
  15. I would give anything to be in the 50s. We are at 10 degrees today.
  16. Good morning everyone. Not getting off to a very good start today slightly annoyed with my other half he totally made me extremly mad even before I left the house. We have a blened family some of the kids visit and some live here with us but his son who is his only child runs the house when he is here so I went to do my usual Wednesday trivia without my teamamte which is my other half. I won which I have never won at trivia before but I enjoy going instead of saying something nice he wasnt very nice and then when we got home I asked why he was rude and spoke my mind which sometimes gets me into trouble. We recently moved in together and I recently lost my job so things are tight. His son is 14 and the way he treats others is extremly rude we have gotten the other 4 kids on the same page but cant seem to get him with the program. He also has a big dinner coming up with his parents and told me its easier on him if I dont go. I asked why he says Iam not prim or proper enough to go which hurt my feelings. I thought it was because of his son seeing he doesnt care for me and to avoid his temper tantrums he has.Then after speaking my mind he works for the village water department and got called in and went to work. I also live with my brother and he works nights so I told him I won at trivia and he said great job. Told him what was going on a bit. Then the other half comes home and we were talking and hes like since I moved in he doesnt help with any housework which is ok seeing I cant afford to help with any bills right now. I just want to smack him over the head right now and bascially not clean at all today just want to work on my house today. Not sure how to handle things right now without really looseing my temper ​ Sorry to vent.
  17. I Think it needs a fire. Maybe some accents of color on the walls. Just a few thoughts that jumped in my head while looking at it.Also some flowers in the basket.
  18. I dont know about entering the contest but I do have a bashing idea for it so I might have to just buy it just to have.
  19. Today I would like to get my floors stained in what has become Cortneys House shes 12 and has picked out all the colors and furnishings for it she even has choosen a little old woman to live in the house. I offered Cortney to finish building it but she is more excited about furnishing it then actually help build it but she is defentily intersted in dollhouses so who knows she might pick one out to build on her own.
  20. good morning. Today iam not up to alot just staying warm and unthawing frozen pipes in my downstairs bathroom. I have been busy working on my little house and so far its coming along nicely. Been very busy working with our sound system business is starting to pick up there Friday was dj night then Saturday was sound for a local band last night was trivia just tired of lugging equipment but its starting to pay for its self and its alot of fun. So if anyone has any great trivia questions Iam open to all suggestions. Just wish this 8 degree weather would go away.
  21. Today was productivie and I dug out 3 boxes out of storage there are still more boxes I couldn't get to but for the most part I brought in what I need for now. That littlehouse is starting to talk up a storm. I would love t start tonight but I cant have to go to work maybe lol.
  22. Today Iam adventuring out in the cold garage and getting out my mini stuff and making a home for it ainside I recently moved so I have alot to go through on what comes in and stays out in storage. I have the usual housework to do as wel :thumbdown: l.I have the colors all picked out for my house just have to figure out the rest.Forgot to say my upstairs bathroom is in SERIOUS need of a remodel trying to convice my soon to be husband on us getting that done too
  23. Hi Iam new here but not to building mini houses. I currently live in FREEZING COLD upstate Ny with my family. I decided too start building again I havent built very many and sadly to say alot was lost during the flood. I have been browsing pictures on here ventured out into the freezing cold and fould a little 2 story house that was the spring fling of 2009 thats how long I have had it for Lol. The ideas are foating around in my head as what it will look like. Lyn