blueirishmoon

Gold Member
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by blueirishmoon

1. Color Choices Real and Mini Houses

That pop of red is what makes it!
  2. Finished 18th c Pennsylvania stone house

The exterior is fabulous! Great job on the landscaping. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that cottage is life-size.
  3. My Mother's Childhood Home in 1/12th

Can't wait to see the progress you'll make with this project. Love the old photos! I don't remember my paternal grandmother much, but I treasure one of the old photos I have. She actually looked a bit like that old actress from the Thin Man movies, Myrna Loy.
  4. William Morris style rug (half scale)

I'm with you about the wool! I'm terribly allergic and break out in hives if I even touch it. And if I smell it, my nose plugs up and my eyes start to stream! Great job on the carpet. I have that book and several of her pattern packs waiting in the queue. She really has a nice variety of designs. I use my handy DMC color sample card which has all but the newest colors on it to do my conversions. I even took little snippets of every color, which took a while, and taped them next to the samples. Now it's super accurate!
  5. A broken bone.

You're not the only one. My aunt, when she was in DC recently, fell and broke her wrist. They set it there, but now that she's home in FL, they tell her she needs surgery to fix it.
  6. Painting

Also, if you're going to wallpaper, you really should paint the wood beforehand, as gluing the paper on the bare wood can lead to paper discoloration over time.
  7. I bought an RGT Queen Anne kit!

That's a beautiful one. I've always wanted one myself. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
  8. Miniatures in Marble

Hello and welcome! That sounds great. I'm always interested in mini statuary.
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

About halfway through the caladium pillowcases. I took a break to make some beaded jewelry. Love how it turned out; the beads are frosted colored plastic that look like candies in very happy colors. Making stuffed shells for dinner. Avoiding heat at all costs. And, I had my 36th birthday this past Sunday.
  10. 3 Blind Mice Show(s)?

I went to one a few years ago in NC. Small, but everyone was friendly and I had a good time. Got some cute goodies too.
  11. IMG-9202.jpg

LOVE the lemons! Where'd you find the supplies? More info, please!
  12. Itsy Bitsy Wallpaper

Looking for wallpaper by itsy bitsy mini that has been discontinued. In particular, the aurora stripe, toss, and allover bouquet pattern in blue. Need 3 sheets each of each pattern, please.
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Now that is just tragic! 
  14. Happy Independence Day

I had a nice holiday. Had dinner with my parents, my dad barbecued steak, had a baked potato and some nice fresh corn on the cob.
  15. Hello from Florida

No, you're not. Speaking as a former Floridian, I too hibernate in the summer and avoid heat whenever possible. I live in NC now, but this summer is worse than usual; yesterday's high was in the upper 90's. I only went outside after 8pm, and that only for a quick run to my library to return and replenish my stack of books.
  16. What are you up to today? This week?

Congrats! Obviously they can tell you put a lot of work and love into it.
  17. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

That's a nice price for that! I always wanted to take one and make it into one of those old houses that have been made into museums. Lots of space for making art galleries...
  18. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Excellent! You'll have fun with it.
  19. What's everyone working on?

Finished the pillowcases I was working on, a pattern of fuchsia and red roses. Mom was thrilled! Started working on the second set she wanted of tropical leaves I'm stitching like caladiums, white and green on either end with a white and pink one in the center. When I finish with those, I have a third set she wants, of butterflies and roses.
  20. What are you up to today? This week?

A while back I was looking for some vintage wallpaper that I finally found on ebay. Hah! Snagged the last 3 pieces of the pattern and it came in the mail today. Just perfect!
  21. Cutting a monster down to size

I vote for chopping and getting rid of the headache. Who knows, it might be the way to firing up your creativity again.
  22. How to....arthritis and other issues

I'm not arthritic, but I may get there in the future, as my mom has it very badly. There is something homeopathic that I use for pain, it's slow acting, but when I strained something it helped me heal quicker. Maybe it would help you? It is a rubbing oil and a little goes a long way. https://www.amazon.com/Frankincense-Neuropathy-Rubbing-Essential-Relief/dp/B07PXLKQZJ/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia?crid=3AT7VYA68S6NY&keywords=neuropathy+oil&pd_rd_i=B07PXLKQZJ&pd_rd_r=9ad2ec55-881f-4f37-b088-edde89c79104&pd_rd_w=Ni8pX&pd_rd_wg=fWQTH&pf_rd_p=f0479f98-a32d-45cd-9c12-7aaced42b1ec&pf_rd_r=4H3MZHWMEZHZ8079WK18&qid=1559642579&s=gateway&sprefix=neuropa%2Caps%2C327 One of the ingredients can also help with arthritis pain if you swallow it in pill form, because my mom uses it when her pain is very bad: boswellia. I forget the brand she uses, but it works.
  23. So I answered an ad on Craigslist.......

Remember, if there's anything you can't use, you can always post in the trade section. You might net someone who can use what you can't.
  24. Building the Greenleaf Travel Trailer

Yup. Brae is awesome! 
  25. What are you up to today? This week?

CJ, that must be so frustrating! But keep taking deep breaths, remind yourself your mother can't help it, and always keep your love for her in mind. Much luck in your hope for a move.