Dreamer14

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Dreamer14

1. Dreamer14

Study.jpg

The floor is a wood kit I purchased from a miniature wood floor supply company in England. Bought the pieces and placed them in a pattern that I liked. Really was pretty simple. Don't remember where I bought the fireplace from, I fell in love with it too. Thank you for your nice comments.
  2. Dreamer14

IMG_5045.jpg

This is a lovely room. Love the sleigh bed and the use of the two different wall papers. Looks really nice. I feel your pain on the molding.
  3. Dreamer14

IMG_1340.jpg

The comment I get from most people who see it is "that it's too busy." But I was so excited about building my first house that I put everything in it that I could think of. Next time I'll will try to edit myself more. Thank you for your comment. I really love it too.
  4. Dreamer14

IMG_5036.jpg

Love the tub window nook. Pretty cool. The tiles in the picture are very nice.
  5. Windows are beautiful. I hope that one day I can do stuff like this from scratch.
  6. Dreamer14

IMG_1351

This is the Garfield I just altered it a bit. I got a lot done the first year I worked on it then let it sit unfinished for 3 years. But hoping to finally get it finished. First time building a dollhouse. Learning the hard way.
  7. Dreamer14

IMG_1340.jpg

Thank you! This is my first dollhouse and I went crazy with too many ideas. That's why each area is completely different. In retrospect I probably should have stuck with a more cohesive theme. I actually purchased a couple of wood floor kits. (office, 2nd floor landing and master bedroom) Hard to mess those up. The attic and living I bought 3 different colors of wood and mixed them together. I use Yes paste as an adhesive which I find doesn't cause warping or ripples.
  8. Dreamer14

Bathroom

I like your bathroom. Using old earphone for a shower head is pretty creative.
  9. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Garfield Build

Garfield Build Started Dec 2014
  10. This is amazing. Excellent job.
  11. Hi Syiera, I was also new to building and started the Garfield in 2015. It was a huge undertaking for a newbie like me. I took a break from building for about 3 years. But am currently working hard to finish my dollhouse. I admire your ambition to try to build your own from scratch. I am thinking about building a garage from scratch to match my garfield dollhouse. I also live in colorado on the western slope and have had a hard time connecting with individauls close by who are interested in minitatures. So welcome and if I can be of any assistance I would be glad to help. This is a great community to belong to and there are so many experience individuals so willing to help. Good Luck.
  12. I have been working on my garfield dollhouse going on 3 years now. Life has interferred more than I realized but it's a work in progress and I am under no time. I have posted some pictures of my dollhouse in the picture gallery on this site. One of the things I was lacking was some one bounce ideas off. I have changed my garfield and am not quite following and using all of the kit. For example I changed out all the windows and doors and staircase. I think it would be nice to share and offer support in your garfield build and as I am still working on mine I would appreciate input as well. If you are interested please let me know.
  13. Inge ~ I'll keep track and let you know the exact number of shingles I use. I let out a huge sigh when I examined the shingles closely. They are poorly cut and it looks like I'll have to lightly sand each shingle to remove the little burrs. It's a good thing I'm not in a hurry.
  14. Peggy ~ What you have done so far looks great. I really like your choice of wallpapers. You'll figure out your window and it will great. In the garfield bay window I found sanding and wood filler to be quite useful. Can't wait to see how your bay window turns out. Thanks for sharing