KatFord

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by KatFord

1. KatFord

The French Chateau Remodel

My parents gave me this house over 30 years ago. I completed the shell with the help of my dad, but life, marriage, kids, and many, many moves put the house on the back burner. But, my husband always managed to keep it safe during the moves. Now I've decided to start over. I've removed all the siding, brick foundation and I'm starting over with the vision of an old run down French Chateau purchased by a young couple as a fixer-upper. She is an interior designer he is a Chef. They've completed the inside but the outside still needs to be done. I had to cut extra windows as this is a front opening house and there were no doors or windows on the side or back. I added 4 windows to the side and I've cut a huge opening in the back for an addition in the kitchen. I have a vision and plan... now to see if I can make it happen.
  2. Thank you, Holly! I cut those does with my laser cutter. I still have to get the doorknobs done.
  3. So, I didn't have a dining room, and the living room was too small to hold the furniture I built. Hubby challenged me to build an addition. So I did. It is build separate from the house for ease of moving once everything is done, magnets will help hold it in place. I also build the front wall to be magnetic as well. This is based on a video from Bently House, I used wood instead of just foam core. The interior lights are designed by me in Fusion 360 and printed on my Elegoo Mars 2 Pro. The fireplace is printed by me (purchased the sty file), the fireplace insert is a mixture of components from miniatures dot com and the coach lights are also from there. Now on to the roof.
  4. From the album: The French Chateau Remodel

Based on a video from Bently house minis
  5. KatFord

Through the doors

From the album: The French Chateau Remodel

I cut the doors with my laser cutter
  6. From the album: The French Chateau Remodel

The scones and the ceiling lights were created by. me in Fusion 360 and printed with the Elegoo Mars 2 pro. The fireplace was painted by me and the lights are various components from miniatures dot com.
  7. From the album: The French Chateau Remodel

Built from wood, foam core, stone, and magnets. The coach lights are from miniatures dot com
  8. Thank you! Good to know. I love his customer service and shipping times. And so far, it seems to be going well. I taught myself to solder so I can get really good connections, hopefully that helps. My next house is the Beacon Hill, can't wait to start it, but I have a long way to go on my current house.
  9. I was going through your blog for the Beacon Hill and I noticed your post on the electrical you used from Creative Reproduction 2 scale. I just bought the supplies and they seemed to all go together really, really well. After having the system for a while, is it still working for you? I've been using round wire and it's a hot mess at the back of the current house I'm working on. I only have 2 rooms finished so it was pretty easy to switch everything over to his system and I love not having all the strips and transformers. Thanks!
  10. This website has great videos on wiring, Creative Reproductions 2 scale. I just this week installed his tape wire and used his method to use round wire and tape for the house. It has done wonders for clearing up the hot mess of wires I had at the back of the house. His supplies are not AC but DC so you don't need a bunch of strips and transformers. One power supply and a power connector. He says the tape wire is the exact same thing as round wire, but the connections we make in the tape wire is what cause the issues. So, we'll see. I soldered everything and it looks so much better and everything works. https://cr2s.com/?fbclid=IwAR1SYrX_irvXFhNzLJ-iULj5uIVRCrqNV0OREuY6peY-89f-cYMZ3368cbQ
  11. LOL The orange was way outside my comfort zone, but I saw really beautiful room where the blue and orange where used together and I wanted to try it. Thank you!