GroovyGert

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by GroovyGert

1. I have done a dry fit. Sanded and cleaned up pieces and some completed most painting I wanted done before actual construction.
  2. I would like to use three of the little huts used for beach houses and start a summer camp like the ones I grew up in. Maybe eventually add a dining hall.
  3. Always exploring. And never too old. I keep finding all sorts of fun little things.
  4. Very nice nuttiwebgal. I love the darker twist you took with it.
  5. I have felt warmly and whole heartedly welcomed. Thank you everyone.
  6. Not sure who is more excited to see it done- me, the significant other, or his mother.
  7. I looked at it online. (My community no longer has a Michael's.) It looks sturdy and great for some uses. It might have been the stairs they bothered me when I was looking at it. I keep threatening to build one from scratch... There might not bet stones in they driveway if I ever so it that way.
  8. Sadly, I grew up in an era where a lot of the purchased doll houses were cardboard. Really, really hard to find those for fun.
  9. Sounds like a great way to gauge my work and the progress along the way. Sometimes we get so caught up in what is in front of us, we forget the process that has gotten us where we are and the actual progress made.
  10. Thanks? I was looking at alternative options for mine.
  11. Did you use the wooden wheels that came with the kit or switch them out for something a little heavier?
  12. There have to be other options than the one from Michael's.
  13. I tried to upload from phone, but I am going to have to make them smaller files.
  14. I have a metal one that I recently received as a gift from my significant other. Its is a printed Wolverine dollhouse. I think it was his way of smoothing the gigantic toy truck and tractor collection he has. Never too old.
  15. You might look into some theater and theater prop websites and information. Take food like you want is often used onstage and some of the things I have seen looked quite real.
  16. My past experiences were mainly barbie doll houses from cardboard boxes and helping my grandpa build 1:12 furnitue for a house he built. I thought this would be a good start to more delicate structures.
  17. I had a barbie doll house that I loved, but the homemade ones got a lot of use over the years. We could tailor them to suit out needs, what we were playing, and the doll or dolls that lived there. Since my sister and I shares the big dollhouse, we could also set up more than one household that way.
  18. As a child dollhouses without stairs always bothered me. From the looks of it, the easiest would be a staircase on outside. You might add a landing and look at both regular and spiral staircases. I love old dollhoises that I come across at auctions, garage sales, thrift, and antique stores.
  19. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Surely there are people who have used repurposed materials and made these previously.
  20. I have seen tons of pictures of finished trailers and campers online. This model and others. Of the ones I have, a eatery or road side stand is not something I recall seeing done. This surprises me with this kit's inclusion of the larger window and counter option.
  21. My mom is a nurse so I think I might be able to get ahold of a few. Thanks!
  22. I like the idea of using the little stronger 'tires.'
  23. Growing up I made and helped my younger siblings make houses for our Barbie and GI Joe dolls. I used whatever was on hand, usually starting with a box that was the right size. I used wall paper sample books that had been discarded, scarps of fabric, boxes and other found objects, magazines and cut out pictures to create homes for these little people. Sometimes I combined boxes to create larger homes. I even figured out a pump bathtub for a 'B@rbi#' house to give it 'running water'. Even as I got older I made a two story dollhouse for much younger "sibs" from cardboard boxes, fabric scraps, and leftovers from a home remodel. I even helped my younger brother with a GI Joe bachelor bad, complete with animal print seating. When my grandpa build a 1:12 dollhouse for a much younger cousin, I helped build most of the furniture and bits and pieces along the way. In some form or another, I have been making dollhouses much of my life.