Risotto

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Risotto

1. Risotto

Flower boxes.

Oh my goodness that is adorable!!
  2. Robin Betterly’s kits seem to be made to support success! It was so nice to work with a well put together kit, I’ve been building up to her kits by working on other mini kits ie from China (instructions were in Chinese and supplemented by photos), and kits from other vendors. Only just lately did I feel brave enough to try this kit, and I am so glad I did, it was a confidence builder ! Is your 1:12 from scratch or a kit? I’d love to see some pics of it...
  3. What fun I had making this “Olde Crow Apothocary”— filled with mini books, skulls, bats, and potion bottles!
  4. That looks so nice! Good gingerbread!
  5. Risotto

Roof-works.

Love the music sheet wallpaper in attic!
  6. Spindles spindles everywhere! It looks absolutely gorgeous!
  7. Risotto

Bit of siding.

How cute— love the wallpaper and stairs!
  8. Risotto

A bit here...

So exciting!! I love the fairy chairs!!
  9. Your upholstered furniture is adorable!! I really think that you could take on any scale furniture and house making!
  10. How darling! I love how you created a door to fit the tree... It looks so much better than a manufactured door and shelf...
  11. Wow! What a beauty this house is becoming!
  12. This San Fran is sooo colorful and detailed ! I love it!
  13. Thanks for the link to the map, now I have no excuse not to get to at least one show this year!
  14. Welcome Jeni and daughter! I am a retired 30-year military spouse and mom to one army retiree and another active duty army 1st lt! I am also pretty new to this group and have found a lot of interesting info on techniques, various scale mini's, and loads of experienced mentors! Don't be shy about asking questions, you'll get a lot of valuable advice! Actually, this group reminds me of the military family in terms of its warmth and welcome... :)
  15. So so cute-- I love your careful attention to detail on those kitchen chairs! Well done! your bank still ok?
  16. How about we call you an artisan with a discerning eye who has the self restraint to plan and obtain future projects and pace herself very well?
  17. These are astounding! I wouldn't even know where to start-- these artists must have to have an extraordinary eye and vision for the final sculpture...! Wonderful and fanciful!
  18. This is adorable! And I think I spotted Goldielocks sleeping upstairs in a tiny bed!
  19. Did you build the kitchen cabinets, cupboard, waste basket from scratch?
  20. My aunt had worked on her first miniature right along with me as we both built beach cottages this fall. She gave hers to her daughter-in-law who is principal of an alternative high school. Many of her students are severely challenged with mental health and behavioral issues. Her daughter-in-law put her beach cottage into her office and she shared the following story with me today: "The beach house saved me today!! I had a VERY angry large young man in my office. After the first chair was thrown it was clear I either was going to have to restrain him or distract him! So distraction it was cause he's 6'2" 320lbs He was enthralled with the beach house!!!! We looked at it for 30 mins and talked and then I worked my magic, figured out his problem and eventually got him back to class!!!! All thanks to the mini beach house!!! He loved all the details and there were so many! I just kept pointing them out and then he would get excited when he found one I had not noticed. Mom left the directions with me so I got those out for him to look at and we talked about putting it together and the patience. I did almost cry when he said..."someone must really love you, to take so much time to do that". It was a great way to get his mind off of his anger and buy me some time to talk him down. Before long and before he realized it he was telling me why he was mad and helping to problem solve. The last time this kid was this angry it took 5 people, 3 of whom are huge guys that lift weights and such to restrain him! I would not have stood a chance to restrain him, and didn't even have to because the beach house was fascinating and calming!" The attached pictures show my beach cottage, my aunt's looks just like mine...
  21. Hello and welcome Marie! I am also new to miniatures and I am also from Tennessee! I think you will find this group to be positive, welcoming, and full of good advice!!
  22. Risotto

Kitchen cabinets

Be kind-- it was my first foray into miniatures and the directions were in Chinese!
  23. This Russian artist is phenomenal! My mind is baffled however by the delicacy of such work and the efforts he must have to go to to ship the pieces of art so that they arrive intact to buyers. If you spent $350 for one piece of pencil sculpture you would want it to arrive intact...
  24. Risotto

Kitchen cabinets

I'll bet that the two little girls in Chicago who will get the San Franciscan will love it!! How I will fit it into the back of my car will be another issue...!