Kaylin

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kaylin

1. I do still have the house and furniture in storage. Tried to sell on eBay and Craigslist with no luck!
  2. I have a never opened (complete with paperwork & all still sealed furniture) Franklin Mint Charles Wysocki Heartland Hollow Dollhouse I am looking to part with, I am located in Northern Nj.
  3. Thank you everyone! Feeling pretty lucky to own two now! One day I hope to have a museum or viewing space or something to display Wysocki art and have it open to the public, so this completely house was a huge score towards that dream.
  4. In an ironic twist of fate, I may have a chance to get another one of these dollhouses, brand new, never opened before! My husband and I are trying to move right now, so we were in the market for a new house ;) at least that's how I'm justifying the purchase of the dollhouse!
  5. I definitely need to try and get into the city to see that!! Thanks for posting
  6. Hi Everyone! I posted in the general mini talk section about my Franklin Mint Charles Wysocki house, but I thought I would introduce myself here as well. Really excited to be a part of this forum and get more into this wonderful hobby. While I don't have experience in doll houses, my nerd background has me pretty proficient in dealing with and painting miniatures and models; I'm a big fan of small-scale painting and crafting.
  7. The house had a small storage attack above the kitchen area that I found a ton more small accessories in last night, pretty exciting find. I'll look into replacing or purchasing some key pictures, but I'm more looking forward to enjoying the house than trying to restorer it 100%. I will keep an eye out on ebay as parts pop up here and there.
  8. I was able to purchase a Franklin Mint Heartland Hollow doll house yesterday off a Craigslist for $200 in the Poconos, PA area. I bought it off a lady who had purchased it at a garage sale. She didn't say why she was selling it, she just said the only offers she had received were too low and for people who just wanted a doll house for their children to play with. I'm a huge Wysocki enthusiast and constantly am on the prowl to collect anything related to him, so I was so excited when I came across this and it still was available. It came with about half of the original furniture it seems, but no book. I've been in contact with Charles Wysocki's son a few times over the past years to show him things here and there I've managed to find, and he said this about the Heartland Hollow home: "Thank you for your email. Yes, those doll houses seem to be pretty rare. They did come in a huge box with a booklet showing each piece of furniture, and where it went. It also did have some sort of certificate explaining the doll house and my father's involvement. He did like the way it turned out, and was involved in the creative process (at least signing off on certain aspects of it's design). We did have three whole sets of these dollhouses all in mint condition in the boxes with all of the information. We had a fire in 2003 (Southern California Firestorm) that burned these houses to the ground along with a lot of other priceless items. Unfortunately any additional information I had burned up with those houses, so at this point I am at square one." I'm looking forward to connecting to others who own the rare home. I will add more picture shortly. I have no idea where I will keep it but I just had to have it. It's truly magical to see something so 3D and physical out of his mythos he created though his art. Please reach out if you also own this beautiful home.