ladymelissa

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by ladymelissa

1. yes, when i saw this, i immediately fell in love
  2. i was really inspired by these colors, so i might do one in this, and the other in fairy house style
  3. well, i've been doing a mental dry fitting and my imagination is already going everywhere! LOL! I probably won't be able to wait long time, but i have several costumes to make, and a crown, all for march, so i know how to keep busy :)
  4. thank you KathieB, i looked for it in English, but didn't find it immediately
  5. Hi, Don't know if you ever heard of the dollhouse roomboxes of the German producer Modella from the 70s? I didn't know the brand before yesterday. In the 80s i received from my half-sister, a hairsalon for little dolls, a roombox. It was already in used condition, and i played with it so much, it broke to pieces and finally it was thrown away. This memory always gives me a heartache Yesterday, i tried to remember and went on a search on google and behold: i found it! Well, i found it in pictures, i don't seem to find it in real life to buy....It's called Friseurladen Modella Salon from 1971. Does any of you guys have one by accident? And would want to sell it to me?
  6. yeah!! my houses arrived yesterday! i didn't open the plastic just yet, i have a lot of other projects running, but i didn't realise 1:24 is so small....but still, i'll make something great out of it, i'm sure....how thrilling, my very first diy dollhouses
  7. They are not that big, maybe one meter in length together, so they wont touch the ground. I will have to be careful for other guests, to not hurt them or get trapped on them, LOL :) You attach them at a kind of u-shape iron, that you can shove in your corset at the back....or you make straps on them to put your arms through.
  8. i have this nice pop-up Victorian dollhouse book....but i never put it out, it's so big....maybe i should see what i can do with it.... http://veiling.catawiki.be/kavels/1932863-uitklapbaar-victoriaans-poppenhuis-en-cindy-mouse-pop-up-boek
  9. wow, so many rooms! looks gorgeous! i'm a curious how it will turn out.
  10. i love ships....we used to have a model at home, but now there's not much left of it, i think my mother was planning to throw it away or give it to the trift shop.
  11. What a dreamhouse! She is a very lucky girl to receive such a gift! I wished when i was little, someone would give something like that to me....
  12. Hmmm, now i'm starting to doubt, after all your guys advice.....what to do? I know it would be very expensive in the end, but it is a very cute house....I might consider just buying the parts with the furniture? Doubt, doubt doubt
  13. They are almost finished: i crafted for hours and hours yesterday I just need to find a way to attach them all together and also be plyable, so i can carry them in my handluggage on the train, together with my ball gown and hoop skirt LOL Second picture is a close up, so you can see the material: its craftwire, with red cellophane, with Angelina Magical Fibers and than laminated (with my hot iron)
  14. wow, that's amazing! i'm still in doubt to do it, i know it is expensive, but because the cost is spread, it would be 40 euros per month, which is better payable than to want to buy a house all at once.... so 4 parts per month, means 25 months, means 2 years before you have it all....oh, jeez, that's not nice....
  15. So, my day started awesome: i don't believe in coincidence! Now i'm starting to focus again on dollhouse making and really am going for it, i now stumbled at the magazine shop, at the first two parts of a weekly Dutch magazine, were you will build piece by piece your own dollhouse and you receive nice furniture and other little accessories. Scale 1:12. The hous is more like a German chalet/cabin, but it's very cute. They say it will come in 100 parts! Part 1 was only 2 euros and i received already a porcelaine bath and some tiny accessories and part two was 5 euros and brought a heavy metal stove and some pans with it. The next parts will always be 10 euros. You can take a subscription or buy it a your local shop. If you take a subscription, you'll receive with certain parts, free lamps and the wiring system. I wonder if it is worth the money. Maybe you guys can check it out? That would be great. Of course it is in Dutch, but you can see the pics no? If you pay 11 euro/part, you can have the little veranda/porch to add to your house, but i think that is expensive (will be a 100 euros in the end for just the porch) and don't really think it is worth his while...I'm quite sure i will go for it. this is the site: http://www.uw-poppenhuis.nl/ this is a small vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jt_sozUFV8
  16. So i will be going to a gothic neo-romantic ball beginning of march, here in Belgium. It's called Gala Nocturna. This will be the 6th edition i will go to. I always try to make my costume mostly myself and this gives a lot of stress, but also fun and a rewarding feeling when people admire your costume at the bal This year i exceptionally ordered my ballgown, but i will be making my own set of fairy wings and a crown. The theme is the Age of Redemption and the dresscode is a bit Virgin Mary inspired, but also demands to express your true inner self. So my inner self, seems to be an elf with wings in long red ballgown. Here is the link to the ball: http://www.gala-nocturna.com/#home. People from all over Europe come to join us every year and so i made friends in England, Holland, Germany, Italy. I just finished the frame of the wings (craftwire), and will now start to make the wings itself using cellophane, Angelina magic fibers to add some sparkle and laminate them. This laminating process is a new experiment. I already made wings once, only with Angelina Fantasy Film and craftwire. I'm curious how they will turn out.
  17. cool, did you make those yourself?
  18. wow, an elven temple! wish i could make something like that! :)
  19. I just bought in my local store some self adhesive film, which looks like wood, in two colors: light beige and grey brown. Normally used for decorating your cupboards on the inside... Don't know how it will look, maybe it will just turn out rubbish, but if i would have to find cardstock, it would have to order it abroad online, because i don't find it here...
  20. i was wondering about that myself great topic!
  21. What a great inheritance! like in the stories I hope it will come out great. Are there any furniture left inside?
  22. ladymelissa

Godfrey Castle

thx! i found something similar from Melissa and Doug at Amazon co uk, because there is no Michael's in Europe....but it's a princess castle version! i like it! http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00272N8X0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=CX8S3K8DCEU8&coliid=I1VIN2T5TMNQ4V
  23. ladymelissa

Godfrey Castle

can anybody please give me a link where you can buy this? that would be great!