Justmilt

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Justmilt

1. Justmilt

justmilt

Made from scratch with no patterns or pictures to copy.
  2. Justmilt

jistmilt

The Pierce. Not great but did use dowels. If this works and is of interest I have a lot more.
  3. From the album: jistmilt

sometime back I posted this house. The house then had the left bay side upside down. I have corrected this.
  4. Justmilt

justmilt

5. From the album: justmilt

Had the church just as well have a wedding.
  6. Justmilt

jistmilt

7. From the album: jistmilt

Needed a place for the pulpit I built and it had to be this large. Hard to see but the wine vessel and glass are blown glass. I think the lady at the piano adds to the scene.
  8. From the album: justmilt

The front of the Church that holds the people. This building is sans purchased plans, plans from books, or a kit.
  9. From the album: jistmilt

This is the church, this is the steeple, open the door and see the people.
  10. From the album: jistmilt

Not a stately mansion but did improve over photo first submitted.
  11. Mike tell your wife I have my lawn tractor on idle. Got to get back to mowing. Have about two acres.
  12. Thank you. Yours is the only comment and for me this speaks volumes.
  13. From the album: justmilt

Pulpit is from scratch. No pictures no pattern. crucifix from Ebay and balance of materials scraps and 1/1 6 wood sheet. circles done with saw and sander.
  14. One more shot over the bow! Yes you win the prize--It is either one panel is not correct or one is correct and two are not. Will I tear it out, no way. I have had the house forever, and it is Milt's house. It will never go anywhere until I can no longer use the house. The house has been viewed by countless people and no one notices it. You have a trained eye and was looking for a problem. Not unlike your change in the wall no one will see it unless you point it out or challenge someone to find a problem. Milt
  15. I add this: When you build and you find a mistake, you stare at it, you analyse it, you examine and wonder. When someone looks at what you build they glance at it and never even see what you agonized over. I cannot for some reason visualize the wall you are moving. I do know this when we remodeled an area where we had our law office and removed a wall the broke up the waiting room. It happened to be a support wall so the contractors put in a beam next to the ceiling. The beam was paneled and was never noticeable. I do hope this may help. You could put some of your French work on the face of the beam. Tell me if you can the major mistake on this house????
  16. This may or may not be an answer but is an observation. What ever you do with the ceiling would be just fine in an actual house. Why do I say this--eyes do not travel up.
  17. very creative. colors are perfect.
  18. Now this is just the thing that makes me wonder why I build. How creative, you have done a beautiful job. I can copy but am not this creative. As Sable has said, I copy again, "love the mountain ledge." In fact I love the model.
  19. Justmilt

DSCN0673.JPG

From the album: justmilt

If I posted this before I am sorry. I do enjoy the exterior of a house with color combination challenges. I should be said I probably worked harder on the table. I purchased the legs and built a table around the legs. It has a turn table so the house can sit in the corner and be turned to view the interior. This was probably the sixth house I built. It has working windows. Never again, they are never opened except when they slip down. I normally glue the doors on houses as the novelty of opening does not out way the chance of breaking the door from the rotor pin. I know it is horn blowing but I am proud of the way the hazy green helps blend all the other greens into this house.
  20. Justmilt

img007.jpg

One of the early efforts with a Greenleaf kit.
  21. Justmilt

DSCN0686.JPG

Thanks for looking.
  22. Justmilt

DSCN0686.JPG

Just a few pieces of furniture made from scratch. The table is self designed and the top is a replica of the tile that graced the ceiling in Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri. The table-chair is shown open as it closes to make a table. The cradle is from a pattern as is the table-chair. I had the legs for the table. Would like to learn to turn legs on my Dremel lathe.
  23. Justmilt

DSCN0677.JPG

A box a dear friend made for my Birthday. April 15--Titanic hit ice berg on the 14th of April and sank on the 15th, Abraham Lincoln was shot on the 14th of April and died on the 15th, the IRS has a dead line on the 15th of April and Milt was born on the 15th of April. The house in the corner is a house I built for this friend's daughter.