DanaFree

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by DanaFree

1. DanaFree

The Base

I've been trying to decide whether to use builders foam or plaster cloth for landscaping. This looks great! How did you achieve the bumps and elevations? Are there objects under the plaster, or just crumpled paper, or? Thanks for sharing this!
  2. DanaFree

Qué será, Alison?

I've started the RGT Alison Jr, which seems to want to be French Colonial... I think. I promised some friends who are looking forward to bidding on the house at the xmas faire that it would have a Disney theme. Hmmm.... sometimes the house just morphs into its own story.
  3. From the album: Qué será, Alison?

I am challenging my own taste in color in this dollhouse. It seems to "want" corals, pinks, silver-grays, and cream... whereas I tend to like primary colors. It's been an experience to paint and highlight things in these foreign hues. ;-)

© Dana Freeman

4. DanaFree

Clock tower

From the album: Qué será, Alison?

I set a small batteryoperated clock in the tower, after giving it some "weathering" with rub-n-buff metallics.

© Dana Freeman

5. How did it get so mildewed? That's hard to eradicate. Good luck and have fun!
  6. You must put in full days working on this! Amazing work. Well done!
  7. You're lucky... I can't have a dog right now, but if I could, I'd like to have a big old lovey dog like this one.
  8. Thank you! It was a lot of work to cut and lay out the squares, so I worried I'd ruin it with the chalk shading. Once it was brushed with a dry brush and then sealed I think it looked pretty good. So thanks!
  9. Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253001276279 ...and he's on sale this week!
  10. DanaFree

IMG_6612.JPG

From the album: Qué será, Alison?

© Dana Freeman

11. From the album: Qué será, Alison?

© Dana Freeman

12. From the album: Qué será, Alison?

© Dana Freeman

13. DanaFree

Library den

From the album: Victoria's Farmhouse

I'm about to go on vacation, and upon my return I need to get started on the Alison jr I'm building for our upcoming church auction. So I'm playing with furnishings and such for the rooms I've finished in the farmhouse. (This room is obviously home to some bookworms.) I'll miss the stories this little house has engendered since I'll have to put a dustcover on the project for a few months.

© Dana Freeman

14. DanaFree

Victoria's Farmhouse

A 1930s imagining in a RGT Victoria's farmhouse build.
  15. I like that you use a hodgepodge of clips. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that uses just anything that works, and doesn't have a tidy matching collection of tools. (Most the time blue masking tape does the trick, but other times you might risk it pulling away some detail.) Nice work!