maddcatter

• Last visited

Everything posted by maddcatter

1. Hey all! I recently acquired a collection of Xacto House of Miniatures 1" scale kits. I've been putting together the dower chest, and am down to the last little bit. Unfortunately, it seems one of the hinges is defective, and won't close all the way. I've done a good bit of googling in an attempt to replace it, but most 1" scale hinges seem to be 10mm, but these hinges are more like 6mm. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Hi, everyone! I'm overwhelmed by all the great information here! When I was thirteen-ish, my dad and I built a Duracraft Linfield together. It was a lot of fun, and a good father/daughter experience, but we had no clue what we were doing. I just started dabbling in miniatures and houses again because I'd like to renovate the Linfield for my best friend's daughter when she's a little older. She's two so I have some time, but it'll need a lot of work. Last week I assembled a 1/144 Northeastern Scale Models Cape May house. I broke most of the pieces at least once, but still had a lot of fun doing it. I've also acquired quite a few Xacto House of Miniatures kits that I'm looking forward to working on for the Linfield. And... I'm thinking about getting a 1/24 house for myself.