SewMini

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by SewMini

1. Wow you look great! That really made a difference in your appearance. Sending healing thoughts as you recover!
  2. SewMini

Crystal table

I think it's just basic pyrite lol. Maya has a rose quartz pendant that I may put in there because she doesn't wear it. I eventually want to put two display tables in there. with all kinds of things. I need to find a tutorial for tiny cauldrons.
  3. SewMini

Godric's Hollow Shop

A wizarding shop for the Wizards of Godric's Hollow
  4. SewMini

Main room window

From the album: Godric's Hollow Shop

Not sure how this will end up. I put a little vase on the floor as a stand in for a floo powder vase. I'll probably just make a big terracotta pot. I think I want to hang up the lanterns I made in the window and maybe the lantern looking beads too.
  5. SewMini

Reading room

The couch and chair I made a while back fit perfect into here. I had gotten some extra little tea cups when I was in Myrtle Beach too. I can't wait to get some books and bookcases made
  6. SewMini

Potions Room

So many bottles! I had forgotten I had bought so many lol. Good though because they're perfect for this room. I'm debating turning the bed I bought a while back into a fancy potter's table.
  7. SewMini

Crystal table

Bought most of these when I was in Myrtle Beach last month. I LOVE the crystal ball being held by the eagle foot. I also love the green quartz crystals. The plate of clear crystals is just a plate I got with my vase set in Paris and some clear beads I had hanging around
  8. There’s no such thing as a bad pun ;) This definitely rocks!
  9. SewMini

Painted the thatch!

Here’s the second one I found. I used his teddy bear fabric method on the towel.
  10. SewMini

Painted the thatch!

I wish the pictures did it justice. It looks so smooth in photos but it has a lot of texture and really does look like thatch in person. I may add some other colors over time but I’ll leave it be for now. It was sooooo easy to do. I probably should have used two towels but I pulled through by piecing together bits. I tried to do the most piecing in the back. I first saw a tutorial for it on youtube where you laid the towel down and then coated it with paint. Then I got to searching I found another that had a better method where you coated it with glue first to stiffen it and then painted. I’ll see if I can find it.
  11. From the album: Godric's Hollow Shop

I still can’t believehow well this old towel method has worked for creating a thached roof! I’m so happy with the results!
  12. SewMini

LightingL.jpg

I was just going to suggest the same. Still rectangular but smaller. Or do you have room to move it forward? I think maybe it's just too close to the divider.
  13. SewMini

Lighting4L.jpg

It’s looking so good! I love the lighting. And Mr. Crocodile up there is looking great!
  14. SewMini

Right side

Well I've been a busy bee the past few days. In truth I'm exhausted but I'm so happy with how it's come out. I'm not 100% done as I still need to actually paint the roof and do some touch ups inside but it's pretty much there
  15. SewMini

The Reading Room

This room will be filled with wizarding books. I also plan to have a reading area where you can have a cup of tea while you read through Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them or perhaps Hogwarts: A History
  16. From the album: Godric's Hollow Shop

This room will be for cloaks, scarves, hats and even some dress robes!
  17. SewMini

Potions room

This room will have all manner of plants and herbs for making potions and healing concoctions. I plan to have a table in the center of the room with plants, more plants on the window sill and herbs hanging from the ceiling.
  18. SewMini

Main room

I thought I'd never get that front door in but I love how it all came out. I left the trim off the fireplace because I just preferred it that way. I wanted it to be a bit more rustic. I spent a million years staining everything but it was so worth it in the end! This room will have general wizarding supplies like crystal balls, cauldrons, brooms etc.
  19. SewMini

Interior

20. SewMini

Nearly there!

Well I've been a busy bee the past few days. In truth I'm exhausted but I'm so happy with how it's come out. I'm not 100% done as I still need to actually paint the roof and do some touch ups inside but it's pretty much there
  21. SewMini

Nearly there!

Well I pushed hard and got the house mostly done just in time for Josh and Maya to return tomorrow! I just need to paint the roof thatch (basically the same color as the towel I used to make it) and do some touch ups on the inside.
  22. SewMini

Happy Easter

God Påske!! Such a cute doll :)