AndreaJane

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by AndreaJane

1. AndreaJane

Time Out

Mike I will keep you in my thoughts and send you all the healthy, healing energy you need. May your indomitable spirit see you through.
  2. AndreaJane

Wedgewood.jpg

I printed the badge on glossy photo paper then cut some mat board a teeny bit bigger. I covered the mat board with that shiny silver plumbing tape (at least I think that it what it is) and then mounted the photo paper on top. It does give it some depth. I used the same silver tape for the griddle. You will note my real griddle is not that shiny The doors do not work. I've decided, for my own sanity, that I'm not going for true realism. I was reading one of Kris' (of 1InchMinis blog...) tutorials where she said that she wouldn't have her appliances hanging open in real life so why should the mini? Ha! I'm paraphrasing but it's my new philosophy.
  3. AndreaJane

Wedgewood.jpg

I did. It's made out of bass wood and layers and layers of paint. The knobs I made out of Fimo clay. I just cut out circles and made each one with one circle for the base and a half circle for the part you grasp. The silver is alcohol ink. I have a life size Wedgewood in my kitchen that I just love. My miniature kitchen needed one too
  4. Your work is always so inspiring.
  5. AndreaJane

Wedgewood.jpg

From the album: First Dollhouse

Little Wedgewood stove. Not exactly accurate but works for me. I haven't had a chance to work on ANYTHING lately. Stupid work is cutting into my fun time...
  6. AndreaJane

First Dollhouse

Chronicling the adventures of renovating and decorating my first dollhouse - the Beacon Hill
  7. I love the details of this too - especially the wallpaper. When I see things like this I like to imagine who it was originally purchased for.
  8. Thank you Mike - I may take you up on that if I can't order the replacement sheet.
  9. I can't wait to see what you do with the interior. I love me some Steampunk.
  10. Thanks everyone. I tried a practice one on a some acetate by just drawing on the lines (tracing the original) and my lines are so wobbly! It's a good thing I'm not a surgeon. I'm going to hold out for the replacement sheets but if that doesn't pan out I may give the nail art or the auto striping tape. I do want to keep some of that dimension. Edited to add: One of the reasons I want to replace them (other than the fact they are kind of groady looking) is it will make painting the house ever so much easier if I don't have to painstakingly tape of each window inside and out.
  11. ...or more specifically - replacing the plastic/acetate inserts. Does anyone have a DIY method for getting the crisp printed mullions? Just replacing the windows would be easy enough - I can use plain acetate sheets and cut out the appropriate shape but I really don't want to lose the charm of the mullions. I have reached out to Greenleaf customer service to see if they self replacement window plastic sheets, but, supposing they don't - Has anyone tried or heard of anyone replacing the windows on the Beacon Hill or any other house for that matter?
  12. Miniatures.com is having 20% off entire order until 4/21 with the code WHP3703
  13. AndreaJane

Attic stuff

From the album: First Dollhouse

Assorted attic treasures
  14. I was inspired by Jodi. Ignore the cat pan. It can't be helped. And the odd paint job - the previous owner used this room as a nursery and I still haven't gotten around to painting after four years....
  15. I love seeing others work spaces. I'm envious of how organized you are! I have an entire office/craft room and it is a disaster.
  16. The wallpaper is a perfect touch
  17. I included that shot because I thought everyone could relate. :) Realities of the hobby - cuts and paint. At least it's my reality.
  18. Other than bashing out a wall here and there I'm mostly been making small things for the attic. I did make a glass partition to place just to the right of the front door to make a bit of separation from the living room (one of the walls I removed was the dog-leg wall separating the foyer/dining area from the living room). I'm waiting for some brass stampings to add decorative detail to the bottom part of the wall. I found a great resource for brass stampings - her prices are good*, huge selection and shipping is super fast. No affiliation - just wanted to share: vintagejewelrysupplies.com *at least I think they are - it's been a while since I purchased any brass stampings
  19. It's a climbing rose of unknown origin. Vaguely Cecile Brunner-ish but the flowers are more of a blush than a pink.
  20. I flat out love this house. I grew up in an Eichler (very mid-century Modern for those not familiar) and have a particular fondness for the style. I would love to get my hands on a kit like that. When I first started this dollhouse journey (oh about two months ago) I was thinking I would just fix up my Beacon Hill, furnish it and that would be the end of it. Hahaha! Now I want ALL THE HOUSES!! And maybe a vintage Airstream in 1:12 scale...
  21. Our house was built in 1940 and has a lot of details that I really like. I think it's considered Ranch style. My dream style would be anything with a nice big front porch. Farmhouse, Victorian, Craftsman - doesn't matter as long as the porch is wide. I do have a little courtyard that is looking pretty spectacular at the moment.
  22. Just imagine if the pictures were in color. I imagine rich greens, reds, purples and lots of dark wood.
  23. Since so many dollhouses seem to have Victorian leanings I thought this website might be interesting to some: http://oldphotoarchive.com/stories/inside-victorian-homes-old-photos-1800s That third photo of a woman leaning in a doorway? I want to be transported right back to that very moment. Would you look at the detail of the tile floor!! Anyhoo - just wanted to share.
  24. Big day at the Beacon Hill construction site today. First of all my husband gave me a Dremel with 8 million attachments for my birthday so yay me! If you saw my introduction post you will have seen that the exterior of the Craigslist find Beacon Hill was Pepto Bismol pink and painter's tape blue. I slapped on some white paint to cover the pink and blue so I didn't have to look at it anymore. It will still need a serious paint job but for now at least it is palatable. And then I went and knocked out the first floor staircase! I had already removed the dog-leg wall between the living room and the foyer/dining area to open things up and the staircase just bugged the heck out of me. My plan is to move the interior kitchen wall out 2 inches (or 2 feet, if you will) and run a straight staircase up to the second floor. This means I'll move the doorway to the kitchen closer to the opening of the house. The layout will mimic the staircase going from the second floor to the attic. Crude picture illustrating what I mean: