Tiaannabelle's Mom

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tiaannabelle's Mom

1. I have the same sink in front of the kitchen window, but I really like it in a hutch! tried to take pics—don’t know how to upload them onto this site—maybe it worked, maybe it didn’t! We’ll see!
  2. Hi, Susie! please tell me about your Duracraft VM-800—I’ve been working on 1 since the 70’s! could we swap e-mails and photos? mary Helen
  3. KathieB—looked uo Ron’s in orlando—wow! Wish I could take a trip to that fantasy land! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPxFpPqMDoo
  4. Beautiful! Which Duracraft did you do? I’ve been working on the VM800 for 36 years!
  5. My first mini project In my next life! where is Oakville?
  6. Thanks, Miranda! Just looked at all the Flevers on Amazon—adorable! can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before! Kneedeep in my Dura Craft VM 800 I built in about ‘82, but then never touched again til a little over a year ago (when I also did an Hispanic souvenir shop/restaurant for the Miniatures.com contest last year—didn’t win, but LOVED doing it!)
  7. Hi, Miranda! I would be very interested in a Paris coffee shop! Could you share information re: the kit? thanks, mary helen
  8. Hi, Kathie—I’m so glad to hear from someone who’s actually used starch for fabric—I’ve been agonizing over “which adhesive?” for fabric wall covering, but now wonder whether the weight of the fabric would matter using starch—Chinese silk brocade (with a very small/dollhouse appropriate size) print. I don’t have a huge piece, so there’s not much room for trial and error—your thoughts?
  9. I thought a milk bossy was a cow! Remember... Bossy the cow?
  10. Hi, Jeannine—it is 3:18 a.m. in Nashville, TN, and I’ve just spent the most delightful hour meandering through Miniland in Victoria, thanks to you! My 2 (real) doggies—Tia and Annabelle—and I usually wake around this time—we’re all old and can’t make it through the night(!)—we usually go right back to sleep, but this morning I decided to check e-mail and found your post! I didn’t know of this shop—what delightful goodies!, and your tiny dollhouse is adorable! Thank you!
  11. Hi, Gail and Jeannine—I feel so sad for both of you—new grief is so tough, and so seemingly endless, but I can tell you that it does soften with time—“firsts” are hard—first anniversaries, first birthdays, first holidays, etc., but later special occasions bring wonderful memories of times gone by, and, believe it or not, smiles, and opportunities to create new memories. I lost my Georgie after 40 years 5 years ago, and am now almost used to his not being there, and able to take each day for what it brings, not just what it doesn’t. I wish you both peace, and the knowledge that some day, hopefully soon, you’ll wake up and find that the ache has lost a bit of its sting. Mary Helen
  12. Wow! It's beautiful! this site has mine--3rd painting down--http://www.bordercolliemuseum.org/WalterHunt/WalterHunt.html blessed evening, all, mary helen
  13. Hi, Jeannine, I'm very sorry for your loss, and very into a memory house--my DC Vic 800 has tiny doggies that my Father collected, a tiny titanium rolling pin a friend made for my Mother as well as a tiny meat grinder like Mama used to make ham salad when I was little--lo, these 70 years ago!, a red metal kitchen stool with tucked away steps that make a step ladder like in Mama's kitchen--with a basket of puppies in the seat!, and things from each country during my world travels. Re: your painting, during many hours of perusing the internet for a painting for the country kitchen I came upon a perfect miniature of a large print that hangs in my baby doll room (mostly antique newborns like byelos and AM--dream babies, etc.)--I couldn't believe it! it's a collie calling to the (unseen) shepherd telling him he's found the little lost lamb in the snow! so, a google search might yield a miniature of your painting! Happy hunting! (Incidentally, my nursery is Bespaq--their stuff is exquisite--so beautiful!) mary helen
  14. You can never have too many cats (or doggies) in a doll house! i spent the day going through boxes and boxes of furnishings and accessories for my DC 800 VM, in prep for attending the "3 blind mice" show in Nashville on the 8th and 9th--heaven forbid I'd buy a 3rd or 4th anything! What fun--after several years since I'd wandered through--many souvenirs from trips--furniture from China and Paris, brass from Turkey, glass from Israel and England, blown glass from the Czheck (sp?) Republic, musical instruments from Vienna-- now to papering the 1st floor...
  15. Jackie--what is wallpaper liner? Wondering if it might be a good base for silk fabric wall covering...
  16. I just today finally finished the exterior of my Dura Craft VM 800, after almost 40 years of construction! The last touch was a carport on the left side as you face it, for the family's pink mustang, with a greenhouse/potting shed on its roof. Their other 2 cars are a 1931 silver phantom II Rolls Royce, and a silver mustang convertible with a little Schnauser in the front seat, just like mine! The kitchen and porches are all finished and furnished, so now the living room, dining room and "music room" (1st floor tower room) are next! Yay! I'd love to show photos, but I don't know how to attach them from my iPad--no "real" computer. For those of you within driving distance of Nashville, there will be a Three Blind Mice miniature show here Sept 8 and 9!
  17. But, Karen--our dollhouses depend on us! They can't run their own errands...like doggies, newborn baby doll collections, koi pond dwellers, etc., etc., etc!
  18. Hi, Bonnie! Me too! Am almost finished with the exterior, have finished the kitchen--ready to move into the lr/dr, and the 1st floor tower room--the music room! What are your exterior colors? mary helen
  19. I don't think you can overthink a color scheme--I spent months agonizing over the 3rd major exterior color of my dura craft Vic--with oak colored roof shingles--I knew I wanted periwinkle (I call it "jacaranda", because I wanted it to match the wonderful jacaranda trees we saw all over South Africa several years ago), pale aqua (my favorite color), and white (just for brightening touches here and there)--finally, after going through every color swatch at Sherwin Williams, I decided on pale peach--I think it's beautiful, but you really have to go through the process to decide on perfection for your little houses! Enjoy your colors and shingle patterns!
  20. All of y'all and your projects are so cute--in reading about your difficulties, though, I find I'm so glad I built my Dura Craft Vic back in the YOUTH of my middle age (@ 41--in '84!)--I'd never be able to build now--I'm going nuts just finishing and furnishing at this old age! Don't know whether I'll even be able to build my "littles" (1/2 scale on down) or when (if!) the Vic will ever be finished! (I pray it's finished before me!) Reading pdInpeabody, from 4/2--yes! We have a fabulous mini shop in Nashville--http://miniaturecottage.com/shop/ --and while gentlemen could "do" dollhouses, and could participate in the workshops occasionally held there, they certainly don't have a "club"! Three Blind Mice is having a mini show in Nashville (Brentwood) Sept 8/9--info on the Miniature Cottage website! Blessed day, mary helen
  21. Hi, Mary--what a cool idea! I like the idea of a stationary window, but agree the Greenleaf wall might not support it--what about a sky light into an attic room? You could glue a couple of sheets of balsa wood inside before making the cut--if the roof is shingled, that would lend support. mary helen