Brian H

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Brian H

1. Thank you Carrie. I actually just got that one. I got the from Melody Jane in England along with two three arm chandeliers. They are even nicer in person. The chandeliers hurricanes looked plastic on the site, but are actually frosted glass. I am very happy with them.
  2. Thank you fov. I shop Dollshouse Emporium quite a bit, and am actually surprised they don't carry a bigger selection of lights. I had not heard of Lighting Bug before, but just checked them out. Beautiful pieces!
  3. Thanks Holly. ThAt may be a bit out of my skill set at the moment. Lol.
  4. Hi All, I'm currently working on my Beacon Hill. I'm looking for suggestions on where to get Victorian looking lighting fixtures. Most of the common dealers like Miniatures.com sell the standard stuff, most of which is more candlestick colonial. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  5. Thanks Ashley. I threw on a coat of stain just to try it, and it actually came out pretty good. I'm going to put another coat on, and several coats of polyurethane. I think it's going to be pretty good. But, I agree with your thoughts on the railings. I will probably buy pre made railings and will be beefing up the newel posts.
  6. Thank you Khadi and Sable. I used this in the past. I actually used it to cover the underside of the stairwell. I was just hoping to not have to cut out all the openings, but I think ill have to go that way to make it look high end that I want.
  7. Hi all. I'm just starting on a Beacon Hill, and have started with the staircase. As it seems is often with a Greenleaf kit, a lot of the wood is "less than ideal". Does anyone have a good solution for making the panels less "rough"? Sanding only seems to make it worse, and I want to be able to stain these, rather than paint them. Thanks.
  8. Howdy. I just joined the forum, but have been a big fan of miniatures all my life. I've always been fascinated with creating "little worlds". I am currently working on my fourth house, a Greenleaf Westville. So far so good. I guess I'm getting the knack of these, as this one is moving much faster than the last one. I recently finished my Glencroft, which I have been working on, on and off, for the last six years. I am really happy with the results and have included pics. I really started into this world with the House of Miniatures furniture kits, and they now adorn my houses. Thanks for reading, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Brian
  9. Brian H

Brian

My Glencroft.
  10. Brian H

Brian

My first house - The Glencroft
  11. Brian H

Brian

Glencroft