tjb

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by tjb

1. On Amazon search for claw box feet. https://smile.amazon.com/RZDEAL-Antique-Protector-Decorative-Jewelry/dp/B07434QRC3/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Claw+box+feet&qid=1580677617&sr=8-4
  2. O my goodness! Your linked video cuts out after 3 mins 3 seconds--it's like a cliffhanger!! I looked and found the whole 3 mins 53 seconds.... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hr70LytvbI
  3. Mooching around Pinterest and found a site in French with this quote: Ah le minivirus... une fois infecté, il n'y a aucun antidote !!! Google translates to: Ah the minivirus ... once infected, there is no antidote!
  4. Pictures of my grab bags. I got two. Ignore the burn on my coffee table!
  5. Thanks for the tip, Shannon! I googled Minneapolis watch repair and there are quite a few so I will at least look into it further.
  6. There seems to be 3 or 4 furniture pieces in a grab bag and then lots of smaller items. I will post some pics of what I got this time. The last time I got one that seemed to be mainly building items--windows and a door and a fireplace (plus smaller items.) I scored a Reutter mantle clock like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Mantle-Clock-Working-by-Reutter-Porcelain/193155183437?hash=item2cf8f2334d:g:9HMAAOSw7aNcyvov&redirect=mobile. It didn't work so that was why it was in the grab bag, but it is still a beautiful mini. So it seems to be scratch and dent items or individual pieces from what would normally be sold as a set. The scratch and dent items are always salvageable by painting or fixing a hinge or, like the mantle clock I got, they can still be used in a mini setting. I imagine if I really, really wanted to I could probably get the clock fixed but I won't since the cost would probably be prohibitive if I could even find a clock maker or watch repair person. It's always fun to see what you got when your grab bag arrives, even if some of it ends up being items you won't use yourself.
  7. Fran's grab bags are available again on Miniatures.com. I have always found them to be a great deal.
  8. I think it is an Arrow Deluxe Tudor. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=98121 My first doll house was an Arrow 10 Room Dream House built for me by my mom and grandma. I loved that house. I have one in the box now but probably won't get to building it or have room for it if I do!
  9. Just looking at some older posts and read this one. You may already be done with your water cooler but another option for water would be uv resin. It cures in sunlight so sealing it in a clear bottle should not prevent hardening. https://www.amazon.com/Resin-Ultraviolet-Decoration-Transparent-Activated/dp/B07DL1TNZ9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=uv+resin&qid=1567839197&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUU5DVUpBOTlBUzlUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODIzMjE1MkJSWldGOUlJMllZTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjYzOTU0MzdOSVJIT1dSNUhXVyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl I have used it in jewelry making using a uv nail lamp for curing and it works well. Easier to use than the usual two part resins.
  10. Hello again! The House of Miniature kits are no longer available.
  11. Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on the forum but I have been lurking a bit. I have decided that my piles of "stuff" are a bit out of hand so I'm going to keep some select items but get rid of the rest. I have one or two House of Miniature furniture kits and before listing them elsewhere I thought I would give first dibs to everyone here. Here's the list. Sorry it's not in numerical order. The number in () is the amount of the kit I have. Most of them are still in plastic wrap. House of Miniatures 40031 Chippendale Bench (3) 40044 Lyreback Chair (2) 40012 Chippendale Nightstand (2) 40036 Hepplewhite Serpentine Table (2) 40021 Queen Anne Fire Screen (1) 40013 Queen Anne Candle Stand (3) 40039 Queen Anne Tea Table (1) 40001 Closed Cabinet Top (2) 40002 Open Cabinet Top (1) 40034 Dower Chest (2) 40032 Chippendale Hanging Shelf (2) 40028 Straight Leg Chippendale Chair (4) 40027 Cabriole Leg Chippendale Arm Chair (1) 40026 Cabriole Leg Chippendale Chair (1) 40037 Chippendale Corner Chair (2) 40007 Side Chair (2) 40083 Queen Anne Arm Chair (1) 40040 Chippendale Open Arm Chair (1) 40035 Hooded Cradle (1) 40016 Chippendale Wing Chair (1) 42403 Chippendale Looking Glass (1) 40043 Chippendale Day Bed (3) 40006 Hepplewhite 3 Piece Dining Table (2) 40011 Chippendale 3 Drawer Chest (2) 40009 Chippendale Chest On Chest (2) 40017 Chippendale Desk (2) 40010 Chippendale 6 Drawer Chest (2) 40019 Chippendale Dry Sink (2) 40022 Chippendale Straight Top Highboy (1) 40050 Chippendale Serpentine Chest (1) 40055 Queen Anne Settee (2) 40038 Queen Anne Table (3) 40004 Hepplewhite Side Table (3) 40049 Chippendale Candle Stands (1) 40047 Hepplewhite Candle Stands (1) 42404 Chippendale Pier Glass (1) 40008 Queen Anne Tilt Top Table (3) 40014 Chippendale Canopy Bed (3) 40033 Chippendale Low Post Bed (5) 40060 Single Low Post Bed Chippendale (1) 40015 Chippendale Sofa (1) 40056 Hepplewhite Corner Wash Stand (1) 40057 Chippendale Fire Screen (1) 40030 Chippendale Double Chair Settee (1) 40062 Hepplewhite Cellarette (1) 40076 Hepplewhite Grandmother Clock (1) 40063 Swinging Cradle (1) 40080 Bookstand & Pedestal Desk (1) 40073 Slat Back Chair (1) Also some misc furniture kits and house kits: Shenandoah Designs Chippendale Collection Highboy #3012 Heritage Collection Realife Miniatures Kitchen (still in plastic wrap) Ernie's Bus Kit DuraCraft Manchester Country House
  12. It looks very much like an Arrow Dream House. My tech skills aren't good enough for me to do a link but there are a few on eBay right now. It sounds/looks like a bash.
  13. Had to call a plumber today. When I run the hot water in the bathroom the water pressure goes down and this horrible banging starts. I hope it's something easy to fix but you know how these things go! Plumber should be here soon.
  14. Snowing here in Minneapolis. I think we've had a good six inches and last I heard we should expect another four! I do love snow but it had almost all melted before the weekend so I am ready for Spring now!
  15. tjb

Curtains

I'm all for being able to redecorate! I'll have to try this and see if I can make it work. I have the picture hangers on hand--I think you mean the ones that are flat metal with a hook on one end and sort of a triangle on the end with a nail hole through it?
  16. tjb

Curtains

Hi everyone! I have been on a little break from doll housing because I needed to make curtains (for the doll house.) I wanted to machine sew them because my hand sewing is awful and getting the sewing machine out is not high on my list of favorite things. Long story short, I finally buckled and got the curtains done. Now I have to hang them. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for this? The house is already built so I foresee a challenge ahead. None of them have a pelmet and they will hang from rods (dowels). To hold the rods away from the walls I am using pony beads attached to the ends of the rods. My plan is to glue the pony beads to the walls but I'm worried about them actually staying in place. I used hooks in the walls in the kitchen because that side of the house is a duracraft. The new curtains are all going in the Laurel side of the house where the wood is thinner and I worry about the screws of the hooks coming out through the siding. How do you hang your curtains? Also, do you put them up before you build or after? All input is greatly appreciated!
  17. I splurged for a spiral staircase kit...for a house I plan to build in the future. Couldn't resist a grab bag too!
  18. This is fantastic! I wish I had room for something this size. It's beautiful. You are so lucky!
  19. tjb

Laurel/Chelsea Bash

Pictures of bashing these two houses into one.
  20. tjb

Bathroom floor

From the album: Laurel/Chelsea Bash

I used a real laminate tile and cut it into smaller pieces and laid them as individual tiles and grouted them.
  21. tjb

Kitchen floor

I used a real laminate tile and cut it into smaller pieces and laid them as individual tiles.
  22. tjb

wholeA.jpg

23. tjb

Outside

I will be adding greenery to the front that will disguise the split where the two houses meet. I am keeping it in two pieces so I can move it easily.
  24. tjb

Laurel/Chelsea

The front. I will be adding greenery.
  25. tjb

Chelsea front bashed

This is how I bashed the front of the Chelsea.