Wollepluis

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wollepluis

1. Thank you! Haha, it's a meant to be a quick-release knot. ;) I'm too impatient to do a proper one for my mini-ponies. :P
  2. Today and yesterday I spend a few hours 'weathering' a few items: the wooden crates, a little feeding scoop and the broom. I've also painted this tin bucket to look a bit more like an old enamel bucket. And... I made a little boxwood tree! I had so much fun making that one! <3
  3. Wollepluis

Wollepluis' Ponies

Welcome here! I'm currently working on redoing a little stable. It'll be home to my cherished 1/12th scale Julip Originals Wolle’s Blueberry, Wolle’s Tailor of Gloucester, Wolle’s Mr. Abbotsbury and Wolle’s Paddington. Established in 1945, Julip Originals is a UK-based company that produces and extensive range of 1/12th scale model horses. Julips are latex-cast and wire gramed, allowing their legs to be adjusted and retain a pose. Crafted, painted and haired entirely by hand, Julip Originals have been collected and cherished by generations of model enthusiasts. I absolutely love to create teeny tiny bits and bobs to give my stable a tad bit more character. It surely is a lovely way to set my mind at ease and pass some time on a rainy Sunday morning. Isn’t that what we all need every now and then? This is were you can see a few photographs of my little yard and the progress of the barn. Oh, and I blog about it too, you can all about it over at www.wollepluis.com.
  4. From the album: Wollepluis' Ponies

And this is Blueberry, she's the one who started it all. I made her tack and the jump myself: I love doing that!

© Copyright Stal Wollepluis

5. From the album: Wollepluis' Ponies

I got Gloucester earlier this year, he's such a cute little pony with stunning dapples!

6. From the album: Wollepluis' Ponies

Paddington is my latest addition to the yard.

7. What a lovely little tutorial! It's on my list!
  8. Thank you so much @Beulah! And I've sent you a PM, @Jeannine!
  9. Aww, thank you everyone for your comments, tips, inspiration and compliments! I've to say I'm settled concerning the actual horses (I collect 'Julip Originals') and tack (I loooove making that): it's just the building/redoing of a scaled building that's entirely new to me. @Samusa: Ahh, thanks! What a stunning barn that is! I actually plan on getting a rider pretty soon. <3 @Jeannine: I believe Breyer doesn't have any Gypsy Vanners in 1/12 scale (only 1/9) and Schleich is a little to small (it's about 1/20). But: the ponies I collect are 1/12 scale and are made to order. They make adorable Vanners too! Fun fact: they're slightly bendable and have actual mohair manes and tails. They do look a little more stylistic, so they aren't to everyones taste. But if you would like to look into it, I can get you in touch with the person behind the brand.
  10. Ohhh, how lovely. Thanks a lot for the links, so much inspiration! Thank you!
  11. Hi there everyone! I'm busy searching around the web, looking for inspiration and tutorials on redoing an old 1/12 scale tiny stable I'm planning to get my hands on. That's right: I'm a lot into miniature ponies, especially Julip Originals. The little stable is made out of MDF and I plan on adding some nice weathered siding, a new roof, give the doors a lick of paint, probably add some lights and further decorate the outside with some moss and plants. I'm quite creative, but haven't done anything like this before. That's why I decided to register to this forum, to maybe pick up some tips and tricks! I have already saved some really nice tutorials to my list, but I'm still looking for more. That's why I'm wondering if any of you might know about some nice tutorials or examples that might come in handy when redoing a stable? Thank you! Oh, and if you're curious about my ponies and things I've made thus far, you can see lots of photos on my blog (it's www.wollepluis.com)! And please excuse my English: it's not my mother tongue. ;)