Taxibill

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Taxibill

1. From the album: Bill Kast

All he needs now is a nice 1:12 scale dollhouse observatory.
  2. Taxibill

Bill Kast

Doug is checking out his new 1:12 scale model 6 inch refractor telescope on a working German equatorial mount.
  3. From the album: Bill Kast

4. From the album: Bill Kast

5. From the album: Bill Kast

6. From the album: Bill Kast

7. From the album: Bill Kast

8. Taxibill

Arthur 1983 build

Thank you, Elspeth. The color is actually chromium yellow, really bright. I probably should have tried a little color correction in Photoshop. The original photos were taken in 1983 on Kodacolor film. I had them printed as 8x10's, which I still have. I scanned the 8x10's to post the photos online. All of these format changes no doubt affected the color tone! I have a wild plan for the Orchid. I'm an avid amateur astronomer. I want to truncate the roof of the poor Orchid and build an observatory dome with a miniature telescope!
  9. Taxibill

Arthur - 1983 build

10. From the album: Arthur - 1983 build

I built this Greenleaf Arthur for my daughter 35 years ago. No internet back then, so all I had to go by was the included instructions, no outside help or tips. I used hot glue and lots of high gloss paint! My daughter is all grown up and building her own dollhouses now. She gave me an Orchid kit for Christmas. Now that I'm retired, I'm ready for a new project.
  11. From the album: Arthur - 1983 build

I built this Greenleaf Arthur for my daughter 35 years ago. No internet back then, so all I had to go by was the included instructions, no outside help or tips. I used hot glue and lots of high gloss paint! My daughter is all grown up and building her own dollhouses now. She gave me an Orchid kit for Christmas. Now that I'm retired, I'm ready for a new project.
  12. Excellent! I'm new to Greenleaf, researching my second build after completing and Arthur 35 years ago. I'm finding lots of inspiration from builds like this.
  13. Taxibill

Altered stove

Before microwave ovens, there was steampunk!
  14. Sweet! I found this searching "observatories". I'm looking for ideas on a planned build of an Orchid with an domed observatory bashed into the roof. I really like the scale model of the Space Shuttle on the ground floor!
  15. Super! I found this searching "observatories". I'm looking for ideas on a planned build of an Orchid with an domed observatory bashed into the roof! I hope all of your observers have solar filters on their telescopes, it looks like the sun is still up.
  16. Taxibill

Interior

Nice build, beautiful miniatures! I found this searching "observatories". I'm looking for ideas on a planned build of an Orchid with an domed observatory bashed into the roof!
  17. Nice little telescope! Did you make it yourself? I'm currently putting together telescope as the first step in building an Orchid with an observatory on top.