Lily Putt

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lily Putt

1. That is the very one! Thank you so much! šŸ™ (I never could count, so what's a storey here and there?) isn't it beautiful? Iā€™m vaguely surprised that there aren't galleries full of them on hereā€¦
  2. Aaaaaages ago, I was browsing the interweb, as you do, and I found a wondrous tower kit, 1/12 scale, about seven stories high. I emailed them, they would ship to the UK, It was a beautiful pipe dream. Now I have a small sum of money to fritter away, and I think I could run to thisā€¦ only, where is it? I can't find it online and it was probably a couple of computers and email addresses ago. If anyone here has the remotest idea of what Iā€™m taking about, please give me any info to let me locate this firm. You would have my lifelong gratitude! šŸ¤ž
  3. I am enjoying this, but I wish they spent some time on the planning stages (although it wouldn't make good TV, apart for fanatics like us) and the timing requires them to rush and skimp on finishing. I would have liked to see something on each contestant and the sort of miniatures they make and a look round their own dolls houses. I'm told Sandi Toksvig does miniatures and I would love to see some of hers. I think one of the contestants may have been on the old Dolls House Emporium forum
  4. I recently gave away three houses, but how altruistic that was is questionable, since they went to friendsā€¦ and now I have created (infected?) fellow addicts to go to fairs with! I would cheerfully accept ( by this, I mean snap people's hands off ) almost any and all free or cheap houses, but diminishing space means that all but the most desirable large houses are out. I could slot in a few more cottages/shops/room boxes. šŸ˜ I just succumbed to a rare Farthingales, as retirement treat. šŸ™„
  5. Lily Putt

Lily Putt

Cobweb Cottage This is a Dolls House Emporium kit, called the Summer House, which was on sale 2000-2001. As most of my dolls houses are witchy, it became Cobweb Cottage. It was one of my first projects. The French windows at the top and the balcony were missing, so I used a replacement and made the semi circular window with dragon embellishment and added trim. The bricks are cut from painted sandpaper. This was a long job! For extra martyrdom, I did the back as wellā€¦ Interior views will follow, but I have decided to redo some bits.
  6. I've just found this and watched it open-mouthed, instead of getting up. Fabulous work.
  7. I acquired this a while ago. It was specially made for Hamleys Toy Shop and is missing the upstairs French window. Has anyone seen any similar French windows that I can buy? If not in the UK, I will bite the bullet and pay the postage šŸ™‚
  8. I would like to add to my olde worlde village... and these are just about my favourite houses. Vic has retired, and although his site is still able to be viewed, there are no more sales. Just on the off chance that anyone is thinking about downsizing their collection, or making changes. I imagine that any in the USA would have prohibitively expensive postal charges.. but you never know...
  9. What a fabulous house you've made! The colours are great and I especially love all the stairs. Actually, I love all of it
  10. I'm in the UK and have lost about Ā£300 worth of stuff when trying to buy from a very well known miniatures person in the US. The items never arrive. The replacements that are kindly offered also never arrive. I am actually wondering if a thief is targeting the work of this person... and very sadly, I have given up ordering anything from this source On the other hand, some one from Etsy ripped me off for about Ā£120, and closed their shop during the period when I was trying to get a refund. Charming.
  11. I got this John McColgan beauty on eBay this week. Itā€™s a beast! Took 3 of us to get it into the van... poor thing needs a lot of work. It seems to be constructed of clay bricks on wooden walls but every time it is touched, some bricks fall off. I will need to buy/make some in both red and white, as well as the clay roof tiles. I have no experience of this kind of work, so will take it very slowly....
  12. Thanks for the welcome! I mostly do kits and makeovers of second hand houses, but I have got some fairly posh ones as well, which I wouldn't want to spoil.. All of my properties are in my fantasy world, where magic is as real as science and contact with other worlds, dimensions and times is the norm..... so there are many odd beings about the place.. i name them after places, so Iā€™ve got a Saffron Walden, a Mavis Enderby and so on. This is the start of my latest project, a bash of 2 DHE Magical Mystery Towers. It's going to be an a wizard's den, with a touch of mad scientist
  13. Hello everyone. I am a dolls house enthusiast, have done up a few and then had a long gap, as you do sometimes. But I am feeling the urge again, and may have a project to present in due course! Looks like a lot going on here, so I hope to pick up: 1) tips, 2) ideas, 3) everyone's brains.....
  14. Lily Putt

Lily Putt

Cobweb Cottage This is a Dolls House Emporium kit, called the Summer House, which was on sale 2000-2001. It arrived as seen in the first picture. As most of my dolls houses are witchy, it became Cobweb Cottage. It was one of my first projects. The French windows at the top and the balcony were missing, so I used a replacement and made the semi circular window with dragon embellishment and added trim. The bricks are cut from painted sandpaper. This was a long job! For extra martyrdom, I did the back as wellā€¦ Interior views will follow, but I have decided to redo some bits.