CreatureCrafter

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by CreatureCrafter

1. Wonderful work. The level of unique detail is perfect.
  2. Thank you! I actually used the same paper in the fireplace with the tiles going the opposite way. Great texture but horrible glittery finish originally
  3. CreatureCrafter

My First Dolls house

Purchased this broken and unfinished dollshouse and decided to try to make it mid century modern
  4. Thank you! It's a textured vinyl wallpaper that I spray painted Me too. It's similar in style to my real kitchen but would be much bigger if life size. That's a fantastic compliment, thank you so much for the kind words.
  5. I wondered if maybe it was 3d printed because it looks so good! Perfect.
  6. How is the wooden part of the chair made? This is incredible
  7. I purchased a free standing roll top bath today but it has no fixtures. Has anyone seen the shower unit below? It would be perfect but I can't find l similar that is not part of a whole (very expensive) set or cheap and silver. The image is from a fab blog makeminemini, I have reached our to the blog owner but thought maybe someone here would know?
  8. From the album: My First Dolls house

Testing cupboard layouts and sizes in card before final cut. Few adjustments to make. The gaps are where the oven and dishwasher will be.
  9. Its very easy to use and fix mistakes. You can make something and then go back and add to it once dry with wet clay. I have used it previously for making sections of brickwork, pathways, making dolls. White clay is great (and what I prefer to use) because its is so easily painted. You can also add a small amount of acrylic paint to it before making to get a pale colour of your choice. I have found just a small amount doesn't affect the drying. Also watch out as some brands can crack badly when drying but as I said most things are an easy fix just by adding some more wet clay and it will blend seamlessly into the dry.
  10. From the album: My First Dolls house

I planned on leaving the landing open to the downstairs but realism won out and I had to make it look usable aka safe. I made the banister to match the dining room divider.
  11. From the album: My First Dolls house

Bathroom tiles and flooring completed. I had to spend a lot of time making the existing door opening smaller to fit the odd sized handmade door I purchased at Miniatura. Just skirting and coving to go and this room is fully decorated ready for when I find the right fixtures.
  12. From the album: My First Dolls house

View of the finished hallway brickwork and built in planter from the front and through the dining rooms wall.
  13. Matt modge podge first, then paint, the nmodge podge again then grout. Works for me to seal in layers and use baby wipes to remove grout.
  14. When there is not a square inch of clean table top space left and it's moving onto the floor.
  15. CreatureCrafter

The cage

So true. My favourite was always little red riding hood. I like the dark fairy tales x
  16. CreatureCrafter

The cage

This is beautiful work. I have always wanted to do a Hansel and Gretel piece, I even have a cage I bought hoping to do it but I have just never been brave enough to start it. Your witch is wonderful and I love how you have used the little vintage dolls for the children. This has such a creepy grimms fairy tale look to it. Great work!
  17. Thank you. Thats good to know and I am so impressed you made it. It gives me hope I can do something modern too. Thank you! I am glad you like my project x
  18. I love this kitchen. Did you make it yourself? What is it made from and the worktop are fantastic. It looks so really and stylish to me.
  19. I use the cheapest ready made wall filler and use baby wipes to remove the excess
  20. That looks good! I can also see that you have sort of done what I was talking about round the bath area also which looks fab. Perfectly disguises the tile thickness