Mini maniac

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Mini maniac

1. We did not have it bad here at all. We had some winds and rain bands, of course. But just 2 hours west of us a completely different story. Our sky actually turned purple here which was a strange site. My thoughts and prayers go out to the ones that are devastated by this storm. Never trust a hurricane...it does whatever it wants.
  2. Mini maniac

Finished Cafe!

Oh, I love it. So charming and inviting! Great job!
  3. Thanks for the heads up. We are expecting it to get rough starting around 3pm today and deteriorating throughout the evening hours. I hate that it will be dark out when it is still moving thru. I am certain that we will lose power so I have filled up tubs and containers with water. I am on a water well. Also, we have a safe room but lol, its more on the South side of house. I will keep you posted. I pray for those in the direct path. Its really bad.
  4. Its not bad yet in Lake City. We are projected to get high winds here and now that Michael is a cat 4 , we are under tornado warnings. We have gas, water and supplies to get thru. I am expecting to lose power. Hope everyone in its path stays safe. Prayers for all.
  5. https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-peek-inside-intricate-worlds-art-historys-spectacular-dollhouses Thought I would share this great article on famous dollhouses.
  6. I wonder what else I could get them to do, lol!
  7. Yes, I remember that sale but they did not carry the kits that I was wanting. But I am a happer camper now that I have my kits ordered. 20% off with free shipping.
  8. Yay!!! Its like they heard me!! Columbus Day Sale!!! Woo hoo!!!
  9. The Orchid is a great house for beginners. I built one some time ago. First, do NOT use hot glue. Wood glue or Aleenes Fast Grab Tacky glue work great. Also, make sure that you have a plan and always dry fit parts before glueing. Work on a level sturdy table and have clamps, clothes pins, and tape nearby.But the most important thing is to have fun with it. To me, its like a puzzle that gets more and more detailed as you go. Be patient with it and yourself.
  10. Yes, I have been a long time subscriber. I just wasn't sure if they had a routine for running their sales. Twice a year? Once per quarter? I know that had one a couple months ago. I just wanted to see if I could hold off buying until the next sale. I would hate to but 2 or 3 kits and then find out that they are going on sale.
  11. Thank you! I love using dark wax and a stiff brush.
  12. Thanks! First, I made a template out of 1/8th cardboard. Then I cut various sized square shapes out of 1/8th inch cardboard. I glued them on to my template. Then I pained them with a cosmetic sponge with a few different colors of off white and cream. Once dry, I applied modge podge to seal it and to protect it from the grout. For grout, I used wall patch from home depot. I applied it with a tiny trowel, wiping off the excess as I went thru. Let it dry for over 24 hours. Then you can seal it again with either modge podge or polycrylic. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I had fun making this floor. The possibilities are endless.
  13. I have bashed an Orchid with a Primrose and I have built a Beacon Hill. I no longer have them which makes me sad but I had to sell them before we moved back to Florida. Since being here, I have built the RGT Bungalow and acquired a 1978 Rehab, that I like to call "The Beast." I am currently working on the laser cut Chantilly by Greenleaf. I am wanting to buy some more kits. I do prefer the Greenleaf Kits. Does anyone know when or how often Greenleaf does the 20% sale? I am in the mood to buy some kits but I want to wait to save some coin. I can't decide on just one so I am thinking 2 maybe 3. LOL. Yes, I have a problem.
  14. Welcome! We are practically neighbors. I am located in Lake City. Looking forward to talking dollhouses and minis with you.
  15. This is great! Great job! Love the open and lit refrigerator. Brillant!
  16. Wow!! Thanks you all for the tips! Great ideas!! I am still working on it, lol. I have everything moved in there now including the "Big Beast" house. I am now just organizing and planning my workspace which is soooo much bigger!! Yay!! I did not know we were allowed to sell on here but that is great!! I mainly work with 1:12 and I have a bunch of scale 1:24 that I have been accumulating. I keep thinking maybe some day I will make a 1:24 scale house but I never do. My husband is making me a slide out cart for my completed houses which will be nice too. Thanks for all the words of encouragement. You are all great!
  17. This is more if a rant than anything. I decided to move my dollhouse studio to a larger room. Basically, switching the two rooms. It took all day yesterday just to move the closets. So, I am no even close to being done. The problem is that I start looking at things and organizing but then I start playing with miniatures that I forgot I had. Tick tock goes the clock. Nothing is getting done. But I did find some mini's that I would like to sell whenever I get this move done. Is Ebay the best place? At this rate, I should be done in a few months, lol.
  18. Its beautiful. Wow, that is going to be spectacular when you get it done. Great work.
  19. When I was applying siding, I made sure to apply the glue evenly so I used my finger to spread it thinly and evenly. Then I taped. I live in Florida where humidy is ridiculously high. It warped a bit while drying but then it flattened back out. Welcome to the group, by the way. Hope you get it conquered.
  20. I think it looks great. I would go with it cause I really think it is beautiful. I am always second guessing and making mistakes. But if you think about it, imperfections can be just as beautiful if not more- than getting it perfect every time. I've never lived in a perfect house, so I don't expect any of my builds to be perfect. But that is coming from someone who it very quirky and eccentric.
  21. Love it! I always find it funny that I can be patient while working on minis but then have zero patience with everything else. Your patience paid off here.
  22. Mini maniac

Desk Calendar

That is awesome! Great job!
  23. Mini maniac

Costuming

Wow! She looks great!