Gramma Pam

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gramma Pam

1. Thank you so much everyone for the support, encouragement, advice & links! I finished the house (but want to replace the paper flooring.) the problem was a burned-out bulb. I had to replace several (which took HOURS) but then the lights came back on. I still have a burned-out bulb in the entry & I’m not sure how I’m going to get to it to replace it! The next thing that happened was a tree limb broke off in a storm & landed on the main power line. They had to shut off my power to get the limb off & then replace the mast where the power lines connect to the house. The only damage was to my transformer. I replaced it & now everything is good! I think the next dollhouse will be a 1:12! Thanks again!!
  2. This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much Sable! I am finally ready to tackle the lighting. I think I will start it under the bay window of the living room. She made it so easy to add ceiling lights. Thank you for posting this!
  3. Thank you so much for understanding! I thought about what you said & went back to the light that broke. I took out the eyelets & the lights came on again. I guess the house can live another day but I’m keeping the torch close! Now to order another light, some lightbulbs (that may or may not work) & a new pin for my awl. Thanks again!
  4. Ok...I officially hate this dollhouse!! I have spent 2 months & HUNDREDS of dollars & today another light broke. I was trying to super glue it back together & my lights quit working all together. I used the tester & there is no power going to the dollhouse at all. I have spent 12-hour days trying to finish this house. I had the wiring in, ceilings finished, wallpaper & mopboard on, stucco, outside windows painted & glued on. I started putting on asphalt shingles, which is a major pain. I was just waiting for a new light to arrive - which is the second light that has burned out. I can’t find replacement bulbs & I have to buy the tiny little lights from England or Canada! I can’t put down the flooring in some of the rooms until I replace the lights & the little pin in my awl broke. This dollhouse is costing a small fortune! I hate the 1/24 scale furniture (tried one of the Greenleaf dining room kits & hate that). I’m sorry to be so hateful but I’m almost in tears! I can’t believe I can’t finish this after all this time & money spent on it. Anyone have any advice or sympathy? Thanks!
  5. This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much Sable! I am finally ready to tackle the lighting. I think I will start it under the bay window of the living room. She made it so easy to add ceiling lights. Thank you for posting this!
  6. Help! I took on the wiring of my Fairfield dollhouse. The problem is with where to put the wires on the lights & the tapewires. I have looked at the house over & over. I just can’t figure out a way to make it work!