sadie05

Silver Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by sadie05

1. I have only been on this forum for a short time, but I have enjoyed watching your progress with the lake house - you do beautiful work, and it's incredibly inspiring for a newbie like me. I wish you the best as you navigate your health challenges. Thank you for all you have shared with the community.
  2. sadie05

The music room

Really stunning - love the detail. I'm really enjoying seeing your progress with this build!
  3. Welcome! Add me to the chorus of folks who would love to see photos of your past builds and current project!
  4. Love it! I would spend all my free time in that space if it were real-life scale.
  5. Given that it is hinged, it seems that you could easily remove the rear flap and preserve the ability to restore it in the future if you changed your mind. What a nice DH - happy finishing!
  6. Thanks! The effect is very convincing!
  7. Looks fantastic! What did you use for the kitchen tile?
  8. Great details with your garden! The whole effect is really well done.
  9. sadie05

Light strings

You are creating a lovely, cozy atmosphere! Looks great!
  10. This is really lovely. Nicely done!
  11. Holly's on the money with it being a RGT - looks like it's the front opening Federal Manor. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M1BQ7E?tag=mipatusciofbo-20
  12. I’m using scrapbook paper for my current project. Cheap and easy to replace a sheet if I screw up (which, of course, I just did...)
  13. RGT Victoria's Farmhouse in southern MD for $40. Extremely tempting. Needs finishing, but looks well constructed. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/235858880531217/?ref=bookmarks
  14. I've been using Valspar paint with primer in ultra white (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Valspar-Reserve-Eggshell-Latex-Interior-Paint-and-Primer-in-One-Actual-Net-Contents-32-fl-oz/50262223) after sanding with a 320 grit to smooth out any rougher surfaces. I've gleaned from these forums that interior house paint is good for primer, and this is what I was able to pick up quickly from my local store. I'm putting 2 coats on areas that I'm covering with wallpaper or flooring, and 3 coats on anything I'm leaving white, as the plywood on my dollhouse is thirsty, and the third coat is giving it a nice smooth finish. I'm not very far along, but here's my gallery if you want a peek at my progress to date: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=8240
  15. True! I've been using plastic-handled craft brushes for some of the details/corners, and while the length is comfortable for my hand, the angles at which I'm navigating (stairwell), my brush handle is banging into the ceiling or walls.
  16. Thank you! I'm enjoying the process, and it's been a pleasure to see it transform so far. More wallpaper to come!
  17. What a sweet house - good luck with finishing it! It's lovely that you're carrying on your SIL's work. I'm currently fixing up my childhood dollhouse (exterior was finished, but never the interior). Patience, sandpaper and a small mirror (I'm using an empty makeup compact) has helped me navigate most of the nooks and crannies as I have been working, especially around the staircase. Also, I'd suggest seeking out short-handled paint brushes if you're going to do any interior painting, even for a base coat.
  18. sadie05

Lemon Twist Rehab

The interior of my childhood dollhouse was never ‘finished’ so I am using it as a learning opportunity for skills and techniques before embarking on my first build. This dollhouse will be given to my (young) girls to play with, so not planning to electrify this at this time.
  19. This is lovely - beautiful grain on the wood!
  20. sadie05

Base coat of paint

I am lucky that this house only needed a light cleaning and a good deal of sanding. A few shingles are broken, but since this will be for my daughter to play with, I'm not going to re-shingle the whole roof over 4 or 5 dinged up ones. :)
  21. From the album: Lemon Twist Rehab

Discovering that finishing an intact house is not for wimps, but it’s good for learning about process before I assemble one start to finish.