Beesy

Silver Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Beesy

1. Amazing house Holly, and also amazing how you built it and finished it all off. Thanks for sharing.
  2. Cardboard. Yes I know that so will try it out. Thanks again.
  3. Thanks KathieB for the info. The trouble is I have unfortunately already glued the whole house together and yes, it is really terribly hard to get to places like the back walls and the back of the side walls and I do want to paint the template so will just go ahead and try it out and see how it goes. Learning so much.
  4. If it is as good as the rest it will be magnificent !
  5. Thanks Terry, but what is 'cardstock' please? How would it go with all the paint on it and then the thin boards stuck to that for the panelling and dado boards? Would cardboard hold all that stuff?
  6. Thanks so much for answering KathieB, but how does the thin cardboard go when painted and when it has the timber pieces glued to it when doing panelling above and below the dado board? How would it hold all this, especially the paint?
  7. Beesy

Final kitchen side

You have done a wonderful job with it. Congratulations!
  8. Beesy

Fancy Bed finished

Very well done.
  9. Beesy

bathroom

Bathroom floor is lovely. What did you use for it?
  10. Beesy

Another Attic View

Oh, that was what the manhole was for. Very clever.
  11. Beesy

IMG_1840.JPG

The floor is very well done and shows it too.
  12. Beesy

IMG_1835.JPG

Beautiful stair landing area and with a manhole too. Lovely wallpaper.
  13. Beesy

The Fairfield 2

Perfect outside finish. Wonderful.
  14. Beesy

IMG_1825.JPG

Very nice indeed. I love the colours.
  15. Beesy

IMG_1824.JPG

This is beautiful. I love the parquetry and the flow through of the rooms. Well done.
  16. It is a lovely big room too and a good idea to combine the two rooms. I love the wallpaper also. Well done.
  17. Yes I think that is a great idea for a maids room. Look forward to seeing it.
  18. Can I see the finished house? Would love to see it thanks.
  19. The clapboard and the dormers look great, also the work on the porch floor too. Going well.
  20. I think you are doing wonders with it, The fireplace is great and the stairs look very professional and work well. I like it very much.
  21. Hi Clove, yes it is lovely house. When I get further on with it I will find out how to post the pictures of my work for you to see but will be a while, as I am very much a learner at this stage and learning as I go but find all these comments so very helpful. It is marvellous really. I am decorating it in the Georgian era which was very elaborate with lots of moulding on the walls and ceilings and with fancy plaster work on ceilings, over doors and fireplaces and on walls, so very decorative and I hope I can do it justice.
  22. Zelda, have you already built Grosvenor Hall? I am asking this as you are working on the basement. Have you done the whole house too?
  23. Hi Terry, Just wanting some more information about templates as have never heard of them up to now as a real novice. What is cardstock, and wold it be strong enough to hold a lot of decorations? I am wanting to apply things like timber moulds and in some areas wallpaper inside these timber also, and things like that. Would thin timber be better to use? I need to learn a lot more about templates as I can see the big benefit of using them for all the walls and even the ceiling which would have to hold plaster casts and heavy things like that. Any information on templates would be very helpful especially since I have already glued all the frame together already (but will not do that again) if I ever build another one !!
  24. That is the way I am thinking, to buy new ones totally. I think what you said about them being wired up inside the candle on other side of where the bi-pin bulb goes in, the wires would need to be soldered onto the inside of the candle holder somehow and I am not able to do that so must give up on them I am afraid. Thanks so much though for your good advice Sable.
  25. Thank you Holly. That is lovely and I agree.