sharon

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharon

1. Since my children are now grown, I am turning a bedroom into a craft room. It is coming along and I am looking forward to having space where I can make something and have all my craft supplies in the same area.
  2. It is so good to have you back. I have not worked on my doll house in a very long time and I need to get back to it. Looking forward to your posts.
  3. My prayers are with you on the loss of your husband Doug. Know that we are thinking about you during this difficult time.
  4. I have been there in the past since it is close to where I live. It it the same location as in past years?
  5. I wondered what happened to you. I am sorry to hear about all you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
  6. Welcome to the forum. You will find the members hear very helpful.
  7. My doll house just wants to be finished already.
  8. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
  9. sharon

I quit!

Way to go, Deb!!!! I wish everyone who smokes would be able to follow your example and continued success.
  10. sharon

Good bye Molly

So sorry for your loss....
  11. When I won third place in the first Spring Fling (prize $100) I ordered the mini version of the Garfield and Beacon Hill. It was great to get the small versions to build.
  12. Welcome Back Greg, we have missed your posts .
  13. sharon

Cellar window

So creative, love the house so far.
  14. Gina I wondered what happened to you since I did not see your posts. I am glad to hear from you again. I wish you and Doug well.
  15. I have this series that started in 1984 with the first one a doll house. I have been collecting them ever since and have them on display in a curio cabinet. I have one of the series which was produced in an additional color which is called colorways which are harder to find. They also make anniversary houses to add to the collection. I add miniature people, trees, railroad lights, cars to make a really nice miniature town. You can always find them on e-bay.
  16. sharon

Estelle2

She is beautiful, Wolfie. Her face has so much character.
  17. Looking forward to new pics of that lighthouse. Congrats on 6 years here!!! It really is great to feel energized to start again with a new build.
  18. 1. Using real life carpeting in a dollhouse that is too thick. 2. Curtains that really are really puffy and stick out from the windows. 3. Gaps that I have to cover. 4. Male dolls in general. Unless you have a lot of money the less expensive ones look like girls a lot of the time. The father dolls look like teenagers. They look like they are wearing their dad's clothes and the buttons on the jackets would be huge on a real life garment. The grandfather dolls just have gray hair on their head and no character. 5. Not having enough time to work on all the ideas I would like to do. Real life gets in the way.
  19. Congratulations Casey, I read your blog daily. I am also happy for Tessie.
  20. I have a website bookmarked that has a several houses constructed out of foam core. The houses are outstanding examples of what can be done with foam core. The website is http://www.inpayne.com. This site is a husband and wife combination. When you get on the site, scroll down a little and click on Mary's Dollhouses. Then the dollhouses. The foam core houses are a San Francisco Victorian, a San Francisco Townhouse, a Four Story Brownstone, and The condo. I enjoy browsing through the interior of her rooms as well.
  21. Your whole bedroom is really beautiful and so elegant. Love it!!
  22. The house is beautiful. I still have not been brave enough to tackle electricity.
  23. Casey I read your blog everyday and of course I voted for you. I also voted for the Beacon Hill, which I have yet to start. I love the look of that kit.
  24. sharon

going to MIA

Congratulations on getting your first home. It really is such a big step and so very exciting.