JenColes

• Last visited

Everything posted by JenColes

1. Good day! This is my first post in the forum - go easy on me! I'm an absolute beginner, currently building a 1:18 scale recreation of a local heritage house that was torn down 4 years ago. So far things are going well, but like MANY miniature newbies, I am absolutely confused by the wiring aspect of the build. I have done as much internet research and forum reading as I can, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing the correct thing. So, here it goes. These are my supplies: Cir-Kit Basic Wiring Kit Transformer (FIFODR® 12V 5A 60W DC Power Supply Adapter(Input 110V-220V,Output 12 Volt 5 Amp 60 Watt) DC Converter LED Driver Lighting Transformer for 12V 5A Flexible/Rigid 5050/3528/2835/5630/5730 LED Tape Strip Light FD-ADP60W) Lights (Pre Wired DC 9-12V 3mm Water Clear LED Diodes White Light) First question: Will the lights I purchased work with the tape wire kit? Second question: I will obviously need to purchase extension wire for the lights - what type of wire am I looking for? Third question: My house is mostly foam core on the inside, but the outside walls will be wood. I'm thinking of only installing the tape wire to the wood outer structure and laying/hiding the wire through the house, linking to the outside tape wire (does that make sense?). Will that work? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!! Cheers Jen