SallyG

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by SallyG

1. thanks everyone. I have used the pin and bead for years for little drawer pulls, and while they give a good effect, I can't believe no one has come up with some really nice half inch scale hardware.
  2. I am hoping that someone may be able to help. I am searching high and low for 1/2" scale hardware....furniture pulls, knobs, etc. So far, there are the same Houseworks set of doorknob sets, which are fine. And I ordered a set of 1/2" scale knobs made by Housework. But that is all I can find. No lovely sets of .... well, anything...that you can easily find in 1/12 scale. I love working in 1/2" scale...since I no longer have the room for my big houses, and am working on a fantastic San Francisco Painted Lady...but I can't believe that someone does not produce hardware in 1/2" scale!! Does anyone know of any sources?
  3. Jackpot on the Sue Cook miniatures!!!! Thanks so much!!
  4. hmm...good idea. I think I will contact Mini Etchers...she makes beautiful laser cut things...see if maybe she could work up a design for me.
  5. SallyG

Bathroom

It's a tin ceiling available at most dollhouse supply stores. It's the smaller version. They are great because you can cut them to size and paint them any color you want...but always use spray paint so you have a nice uniform color.
  6. Ok, I have scoured the internet and can't seem to find a source of ceiling medallions in half-inch scale. Does ANYONE know of a source for them? If so, please let me know....I know someone must make them!
  7. I have recently completed my new Fairfield (see new Album in the Gallery) and it's available for sale. Please let me know if you are interested. I am in Gainesville, Florida.
  8. SallyG

The Fairfield 2

I loved the Fairfield design so much I decided to make another one!! I did hardwood flooring, tin ceilings, cloth plaster ceilings, beadboard in the bathroom, baseboard, crown moldings, and custom stair posts. The ceilings are either painted "tin" ceilings, or a plaster cloth ceiling. The interior doors are custom copies of doors from the old house I lived in as a kid. The front door is a copy of the front door of my grandmothers old victorian house. The parlor and dining room have a herringbone pattern floor. The porch roof is a simulated "tin" roof, while the house roof is individual shakes finished to look like slate. The brickwork is egg carton bricks. The exterior finish is part siding and part plaster cloth to simulate a stucco finish. The underside of the porch ceiling is a beadboard painted pale blue, while the floor is hardwood painted grey. I decided against finishing the attic and instead gave it a traditional attic finish...rafters and newsprint. Please see Community Trading Post for more info.
  9. From the album: The Fairfield 2

looking up the stairs from the front hall.
  10. From the album: The Fairfield 2

you can see the opening for the attic access.
  11. SallyG

Herringbone Floor

From the album: The Fairfield 2

Hand laid hardwood herringbone floor pattern.
  12. SallyG

Parlor Flooring

13. SallyG

Kitchen

I decided not to add the shelves in the kitchen.
  14. SallyG

Bathroom

Bathroom with bead-board and tin ceiling.
  15. SallyG

Upstairs Hallway

Finished upstairs hallway with attic access finished.
  16. From the album: The Fairfield 2

Parlor and dining room have copper painted tin ceilings.
  17. SallyG

Kitchen View

Another view of the kitchen. I eliminated the alcove archway and made the windows higher to accomodate a sink. The kitchen also has tin ceilings.
  18. SallyG

Back Side View

Showing the kitchen, upstairs hallway, bathroom, and attic.
  19. SallyG

Back of House

back view showing entrance hall, parlor, dining room, front bedroom, back bedroom, and attic.
  20. SallyG

Front Porch

The little custom door is a copy of the door that was on my Grandmothers old Victorian house.