Gonzo

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Gonzo

1. Greetings from a fellow Hoosier! I hope you have referenced the blogs listed above. They are a GREAT help. ~Greg
  2. I just realized that I teased about my new favorite find and then didn't follow up. Special thanks to MiniKelli who found this little treasure online for me. It is the Mayberry Courthouse from "The Andy Griffith Show." I have already started getting quotes from my doll maker friends. I am definitely going to have Andy, Barney, Floyd and Otis. I am not sure if I will add Opie, Aunt Bea, Gomer, Goober or anyone else. I definitely have to have those four. So many iconic scenes from which to choose!
  3. Have you thought about tracing them out on card stock and cutting them? You might be able to find someone to cut them for you cheaply, too.
  4. I made a ridiculous bottom dollar offer on this and won! You have to scroll down once you get to the page to see it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNOPENED-DOLL-HOUSE-MINIATURE-DECK-HOT-TUB-KIT-RARE-LARGE-BOX-SEALED/153044257437?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  5. I really LOVE the MHM and how it is laid out. I bought one from a consignment shop while on a business trip in Portland, OR. I shipped it UPS Ground back to Indianapolis. It was about $70. I would have to go out to my "stable" and look, but I think the kit weighs about 66 pounds. I also bought and shipped a Bostonian and a Sterling Manor at the same time. It was just under $200 to ship all three, but well worth it with the deal I got on price!
  6. Toni...I just looked and you bought that from me!!! LOL Braxton is a great guy and I work with him throughout the year and sell a LOT of his fireplaces and pottery. He is definitely one of a kind!
  7. Gonzo

Circus in a Lamp

The figures are all quarter scale.
  8. Proof that patience pays off. I pursued these two kits for four years. The owner initially did not want to sell them. She was afraid I only wanted them so I could flip them. I finally got both kits a few months ago. The price was right and I am happy! The kits are the Old Granville House from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" and the lobby of the Stratford Inn from "The Newhart Show." I have not seen many kits from this company, but considering the fact that they misspelled one kit and named the wrong TV show on the other, it makes me wonder. I have another kit from this company (secretly my favorite) that I will share in a few days. I build mostly pop culture type builds. These fit perfectly.
  9. This may be a Hofco house. I am not sure which model. I need to dig up some older catalogs.
  10. I have had the same problem with Craigslist. The best method is calling if they leave a phone number as opposed to text. Persistence is also the key. Tell them you don't mean to keep bothering them, but... and then explain. If the price is right you can tell them how interested you are in the listing. It is a slippery slope if you want to negotiate the price. Obviously the more interested they think you are, the less likely they are to negotiate. Be persistent. Get what you want!
  11. Gonzo

Circus in a Lamp

I had a Hobby Lobby candle lamp and decided to use it for a mini build. These are quarter scale figures and include clowns, high wire act, lion tamer and more. This was a fun and easy build.
  12. Gonzo

circus 10.jpg

From the album: Circus in a Lamp

© ©2018 Greg Snyder

13. Gonzo

circus 9.jpg

© ©2018 Greg Snyder

14. Gonzo

circus 8.jpg

© ©2018 Greg Snyder