raspberry

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by raspberry

1. Tks!!! Yeah jaurb, I am very partial to it myself!!!
  2. I use it because I just plain don't want to paint the ceiling! It never comes out nice enough for me! So I opt to cover with paper, textured or plain depends on the house...
  3. The style of the house is going to be "shabby-chic"/eclectic...so a hodge-podge of designs with a very feminine touch. I think I will stick with the #3 for my study...(the 2nd bedroom will be more of an office-y area). I made my decision and I wallpapered...I put up the picture in the gallery so you can see what I decided to do.
  4. Thanks! I like it alot too... It's going to be "shabby-chic"/ecletic, so I think this helps add to that feeling...
  5. raspberry

Kitchen Bay

From the album: My Fairfield Shabby Chic Style

Close-up of the kitchen bay.
  6. raspberry

My Fairfield Shabby Chic Style

I am currently working on a 1/2scale Fairfield, and plan to fill it with all my Miss Lydia Pickett furniture kits/decorate it in a shabby-chic style... soo excited!
  7. From the album: My Fairfield Shabby Chic Style

This is what I finally decided on. The stripe wallpaper and painted solid in the bay. I used Italian Sage by FolkArt for the color, (as I can no longer find Delta Cermacoat paint!), so the color I wanted I couldn't get...
  8. So no-one likes #3 huh? That was my favorite too... I guess I'll put it in my study... I like the stripes and the print...I think I will lean towards all stripes...
  9. Could I do the stripes, and then put the darker green inside the sticky-out bay area? Or is that too many "prints"?
  10. The only thing stopping me is the $! It's rather $$ (in my book) for this wallpaper, $2 per sheet)... plus a $6 flat rate to ship it... I don't have #3 in a stash, so I can't compare...but I can set up #1&#2 to see how they would look...
  11. Hey everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on my kitchen wallpaper... I was wondering if you all could help? Option #1 - Green Stripes Option #2 - Solid-y Green Option #3 - *If it matters, (because you can see the kitchen through the dining room, or maybe they should coordinate)... the dining room is going to be half this, half solid ivory, (or the stripes if thats not in the kitchen)
  12. P.S. I'm sure that people will share tutorials on how to DIY your own bricks/stones and fences...
  13. Well, I think (without name dropping) that if you did a google search for either miniature stores, brick and mortar locations, or internet sites or try auction houses like Ebay, I know you will find what you are looking for. That's how I have found a lot of items that I have been looking for, via internet searches.
  14. Well, on my current project I've got all the Miss Lydia Pickett furniture already through a club where I paid a set amount each month. The kit, the lights, the extras will add to the budget. I also prefer the nicer wallpaper than the internet printed or scrapbook papers, so I will spend a little extra to get something better. It's more than I actually want to spend on a dollhouse...but in the long run I will be happy.
  15. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!!
  16. You should look at the RGT builder website/blog... they built this house and it would help you get an idea of room sizes...
  17. I was going to glue it direct to the floor, but there is some intricate trimming and seaming that would not have held up correctly...
  18. Thanks!!! A manilla folder, I hadn't heard of that, but it does make sense...
  19. So I want to glue the tile floor for my bathroom down to a piece of paper and then glue that paper to the wood of the house... (I figured this will help me hide the seams better)... What kind of paper do you glue it to? i.e. computer paper, cardstock? Any suggestions would be helpful!!!
  20. I like that idea, counter under the stairs...I love this little house...can't wait to see what else you do!!!
  21. I've always enjoyed hobby-crafting. I started again with it as I got older with scrap-booking, and jewelry-making, then moved on to the dollhouses side. My mom and I had a Coventry by Greenleaf and also used to make and decorate picture frames and wreaths.... Since doing it in miniature, I found that I can do it in real-life...(I think it's usually the other way around!)... ;)
  22. From the album: My Fairfield Shabby Chic Style

I was so excited about the kitchen floor progress that I finished it this morning... it's now all installed, and stained, I just need to varnish! I am still waiting on the kitchen wallpaper, then I can wallpaper, install the bay and trim and call the kitchen done! ;)

© Pebbles

23. raspberry

SURPRISE!

From the album: My Fairfield Shabby Chic Style

Yeah, the seam in the kitchen floor REALLY bothered me, and the house for it's shabby-chic design scheme was yelling at me to warm up the floors... I still have some of that tile paper left, and I think it will be perfect for the bathroom, but it was very sterile once dried in the kitchen... so I'm putting in hardwood here too... This is as far as I got for tonight, I have some stained pieces and some not, all pieces will be the darker stain color once I'm finished. I also have a design pattern against the walls (if you can tell), this same design will flow into the rest of the rooms of the house that will have hardwood flooring. I was very inspired by a2knguyen in her attic of her Fairfield, there is a similar design in the floor.

© Pebbles