• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Vanessa
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

689 profile views
  1. I take my hat off to anybody who has managed to put that ******** roofing on successfully Grrr! I am so fed up with this house I think it will be the last thing I make for some time. Really I had such plans but now I am so stressed out over it I just want to get the photos done and be finished with it!
  2. I have had so much trouble with this house, its a wonder I have not hurled it at the wall. I decorated it before assembly and then found that the pieces would not fit, so I have had to pull it all apart and start again! I had a lot of problems fitting the walls etc together, anyone else find that they didn't fit properly or is it just me? At this point I doubt whether everything I had planned for it will actually materialize, I am just hoping I will have an entry to photograph! Since I am supposed to be putting all my energy and time into finding an apartment and packing my stuff, its touch and go if I will actually be entering, but we shall see. The roof gets done tonight, I have it all ready but I have heard horror stories from you guys on here so I am wondering how much fun I shall have with it........let you know tomorrow!
  3. Mines getting there very slowly, :stupid: not tonight tough, hockey is on.... ;) I have hit a few snafoos so far, :w00t: but hoping to get over them. One of my worst concerns is time, you see I don't own a digital camera, and the cord to my scanner/printer is lost somewhere in the ether (don't ask!) so I have to wait for my son to come over and do this for me..take the pics and then up load on his pc. :whack: Trouble is, I am still waiting for him to do that for the entry I had in the Montreal show at the end of March (Yikes!!)
  4. OMG I am having enough trouble with the house itself, ;) I am now dreading the roof..... You have all scared me lol. ;) I have to get moving on this one, but I have so much else to do in the real world.
  5. Thanks Monica! I hope to get cracking on it tomorrow. I think I know what I am doing with it, but I usually change my mind as I work and end up with something completely different, so it s going to be a surprise for me too! I am looking forward to seeing what other people make of the kit.
  6. I got the kit today woohoo!!! On opening it though, I feel a little apprehensive, ;) I thought the instructions would be more specific, I am going to do a glueless assembly tonight (after the hockey of course) and see exactly what I am going to do with it. B) I have my plans in my head, but I need to see the actual sizes etc to completely visualise it. :sweat: Hope I have my thinking head on! Good luck to all.
  7. Well we shall see how fast Canada post gets it here, hoping that this goes to my house and not the neighbours as usually happens.....(seriously 90% of our post goes next door..) B) I am thinking of a few things but have not decided on anything specific as yet. Thanks for all the encouraging replies though, I don't feel so bad now. So maybe I will be on time, maybe not but it will go into next years MEM ( Miniature Enthusiasts of Montreal) show next March at least! This year I made an antique shop which I should photograph and post if I can figure that out, bit photo challenged I am afraid. As to decorating, I like to paint/wallpaper the inside before assembly as I find it much easier to fit the wallpaper in place in one piece this way, but I guess it's personal preference, happy mini making.
  8. I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, so I am thinking I won't bother since I am running out of time and everyone else seems to have finished theirs already! This is what happens when you have no credit card and have to rely on Canada post. Arghhh.....anyway I am not at all sure what to make the kit into :yes: , ah well I have swaps to make and other things to get on with. Good luck with your bungalow building. B)
  9. So I am having problems, I don't have a credit card. I picked the telephone option but by the time I get home from work its too late to call you. Are there other options, like money order? I live in Quebec, Canada, by the way I was also charged the $16 as mentioned by another Canadian member. Can that be changed also? I really would like to participate if at all possible.
  10. I am so sorry to hear that, but you know you have done the right thing. I believe he will be waiting for you on the rainbow bridge with all your other animal friends. When I go, the bridge will be so full I won't know what to do with them all! Its always so hard to say goodbye to a loved pet, but they bring us so much joy that the memories are with us forever. Right now I am begining to dread the fact that my Rottweiler is getting old. We don't really know how old Fluffy is, as he was a rescue dog, but we have had him for 7 years. He has arthritis in his back legs and has trouble with the stairs now (just like me!), he has grey hairs amongst the black (just like me!) and he snores and is rather grumpy now (no, not me, not me!!)
  11. I am still not recieving the Gazette. I get the daily digest but I cannot seem to get the Gazette even though I have registered several times. It isn't in my junk mail folder as I check this every day, sometimes my daughter forwards me a copy but I would like to be on the list please.
  12. You know, maybe thats just what I should do! That way I would have more room in the kitchen and bathroom area of the flat above the tea shop. :lol: Bit of a get-out but so much easier!!! Now I just have to redo the floor in the upper floor over the stairwell. Should be okay though, and I can finish the tea rooms. Then I can finally finish the project. Thanks for all your suggestions.
  13. Hello. Firstly I apologise for not being here much but since my computer died and I have no $$$ for a new one I am not online too much. I am still building the Layfayette kit I told you all about, in fact it got shoved in the back of the cupboard as I was so frustrated with it. Its all working out except the spiral staircase which is driving me nuts, I just cannot get it to go right. I am considering getting a regular staircase instead but no idea where I can get one that will fit, any ideas welcome. I recently joined Miniature Enthusiasts of Montreal, the first mini group I have joined in person, the rest being online. We had a workshop to make straw hats, which was quite hard to do, but I managed to make a reasonable looking hat, and now I need to improve my hat making skills with some practice, I would post a pic of my efforts but my computer limitations at present dont allow for this, Anyway, I wanted to say I am still alive and kicking and wish everyone fun with their minis
  14. Okay I am no nearer to getting the pub, but I had a half built Lafayette by dura craft lying about. It was actually a gift some time ago but I had lost interest in it. My ddaughter Holly (also a member here) suggested we dig it out and finish it. Its now on the way to becoming a teashop, not the pub but still I am getting excited about it. If I ever get a camera (hey Santa..yoohoo) I will post some pics once its finally done. As to the pub, well its still a dream right now, but one day it will be a reality.
  15. Well.....I had an old dollhouse I was going to turn into a pub. As I was a member of an online swap group I asked for pub related things for my pub, in a birthday swap. However, by the time it was my birthday I had moved and the house for the pub project was dropped and got so damaged it is no more. So now I need a house I can use as a pub to put all my goodies in, can't decide which one to ask Santa for as being the most suitable. Any suggestions?