Mad for Mod

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Mad for Mod

1. Linda, that craft saw sounds interesting. What all does it do? Cyd
  2. The one I got from Harbor Freight didn't have any power. It wouldn't even get through a piece of 1/8" plywood, it kept stopping. Maybe I just got a bad one, but the reviews are bad too. Greg, I'm glad yours works. I got a little chop saw for cutting trim pieces from there and it's great! I highly recommend that one!
  3. Does anyone have a mini table saw that they like? I have tried one from Harbor Freight, but it didn't work well and there was no guide to make straight cuts. I'm interested in the Proxxon 115 which is the smaller table saw or the Proxxon FKS/E which is a little larger and has a tiltable blade to cut mitres. Has anyone used either of these? I can't seem to find any good reviews. Thanks!!!
  4. Hilarious! It reminds me of Raising Arizona too. It makes me want to watch it again!
  5. Mad for Mod

House front

It's really looking good!
  6. I can't believe this is made from card stock and foam core. Nice job!
  7. I think those lamps are awesomely cool...some are awesomely ugly too! Perfect for the 70's. I did a midcentury modern home, but it's more from the early 60's. Don't forget to add some owls and mushrooms to the decor and maybe some macrame too. There are usually some avocado green Lundby bath furnishings on Ebay, they're 1/16 but I think they would work.
  8. There is also a great book called The Modern Doll's House by Jean Nisbett that has wonderful history about the evolution of the modern dollhouse. It's hard to find though.
  9. Mad for Mod

Credenza

It's a faux snake skin vinyl from a place mat I found at Crate and Barrel.
  10. Mad for Mod

Still Blue

Modern Dining Room
  11. Mad for Mod

Modern Dining

From the album: Still Blue

The chairs are wedding party favors.I made the sculpture on the credenza.
  12. From the album: Still Blue

This is what the credenza looked like before I made a few changes.
  13. Mad for Mod

Credenza

From the album: Still Blue

This is the credenza after transformation.
  14. From the album: Still Blue

I made the chandellier.
  15. I made the brick from news paper. There's a tutorial on my blog : Minimodpod.
  16. Mad for Mod

livingroom

The chaise is really cute!