Mad for Mod

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Mad for Mod

1. I'm looking for tips on selling at miniature shows. Gonzo has given me some great ones, but I've only been to a few shows and was so engrossed in looking at the merchandise that I never really paid attention to what goes into selling at one. Details such as how much change to have on hand, what are the best kind of price tags to use, what kind of table covering to use-plastic, paper, fabric? How to display accessories all on a tiny budget. I welcome any ideas anyone may have! :sad?:

2. Yes, Brae these are the plugs or outlets I was talking about. I would definitely have to hide them. I know approximately where I want to put them and how to put them in. I want to use them in conjunction with some can lights that will be permanently wired. I just thought it would be easier to change out the lights without going to all the trouble of doing tape wire. Thoughts?

BTW Cyd, I like the furniture and other items in you Esty shop! :)

Thanks!

From what I can tell, the best way to be able to change lighting and such, should be learned through Brae. Ha! With round wire, make sure to get extra length of wire, shrinky tubes or electrical tape. To get them all to the plug/switch, you have to be able to lengthen the wires. Making all the "messy connections" outside the house, also helps. (See Brae's Artist Loft) And put all your flooring on templates and don't permanently affix them. :) there are specific bulbs that are changeable, too, and ones that aren't, so check for those when installing your fixtures.

You're right, should have just gone directly to the source!

3. Harbor Freigh Tools had a wonderful electric mini chop/Mitre saw for around $30.00. They usually have 20% off coupon so you can get it for around $20.00. It's very accurate and you can make the same cut over and over. I found that my Easy Cutter isn't nearly as accurate and actually costs more.

4. Hi,

I'm getting to a point of wiring my dollhouse. I want to be able to easily change my lighting and want to use round wires. I'm thinking of just wiring the house with those little plugs that come with wiring kits. Has anyone wired their house like that? If so, are there any suggestions? I really don't want to use tape wiring.

• Like 1