cool as ice cream

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    shelle
  • Country
    United States
  1. congratulations!! everyone's entries were absolutely wonderful - i can't imagine how hard this was!
  2. i turned my spring fling into an alice-and-her-wonderland sort of little house. i've been meaning to get my gallery up, this is just the little poke i need to do that today!
  3. i've only succcessfully hinged one door on my spring fling - the other is theoretically hinged, but drat if i didn't get a spot of glue in one of the hinges! so thank you everyone for the little tips and tricks!
  4. i made the alice-in-wonderland-ish house with the little mad tea party - so of course i absolutely adore your tea pot!! what a brilliant idea!
  5. phew, just emailed my photos! but having seen some of the entries - good grief what talent! luckily i'd been wanting to do this project anyways so i'll not care not to win
  6. i've used e6000 for adhering pvc pipes without any trouble, but i imagine the pvc glue would work even better.
  7. i'm trying to replicate what i thought wouldn't be too terrible difficult. a perfectly ordinary rectangular table with a perfectly ordinary rectangular white tablecloth. however, i'd really like it to be permanently affixed, and i can't quite work out the best method for attachment and drape. i'm almost seing how i can adapt the skirted circular table tutorials, but just not quite. any tips or suggestions for permanently dressing tables? and if i haven't any starch on hand, could i substitute white glue and water mixtures?
  8. i'd not exactly intended on putting in crown moulding. oh certainly it's utterly lovely but it just hadn't tickled my fancy on this house in particular. until i put the first bit of the roof on and found that there appears to be this unavoidable strange little gappy bit happening along the front. it doesn't look dreadful, exactly, but not particularly lovely either. so hmm. any ideas for how to combat the odd roofy gap, or....crown moulding to the rescue. i'm not entirely sure of what colour it should be. a colour picked up from the wallpaper? stained a dark walnut to match the baseboards? white-like-crown-moulding-usually-is? and if white-like-crown-moulding-usually-is would it look peculiar with the walnut baseboards and trim? will crown moulding look wonky with a pitched roof?
  9. "top shelf" is the sort of colloquial term for the very very very best liquors. they are often kept - unsurprisingly - on the very top shelves of bars as they can be so costly that few people order, or so pricey that a little extra avoidance of accidents is wise. or just because mixed drinks are rarely if ever made with top shelf liquors so one probably won't need to reach up there all the time. things like 15+ year scottish scotches to premium vodkas and whiskeys.
  10. go to flickr.com and just do a search for bars? my favourite bar in town is here: http://www.bullmccabesirishpub.com/index_home.html/ they have a picture, but they don't show the best bits. it's practically a library in the booths, with high high bookshelves to the ceiling full of books. and some very lovely obviously post-church redesign lights and fixtures.
  11. i wanted something like stucco but not. i think mostly i just wanted some strange texture for my strange little house. so i got creative with a ridiculous amount of watered down paint and some paper towels. i don't think it looks too terribly similar to stucco, but it did achieve the sort of strange texture i was wanting.
  12. very pretty! i'm surprised at how realistic the you've made the plastic and silk flowers look.
  13. not true! i was that bored last week! of course i was also procrastinating a huge paper. :o quite seriously though, your blog is a wealth of information and your talents are generally just somewhere in the proximity of astounding.
  14. so thinking i was being oh so very clever, i bought prepasted wallpaper. of course, having finished my priming and being quite ready to paper now - i realized that i don't actually know how to apply the prepasted paper. and my paper failed to come with instructions. is it merely water? should i just glue it like regular paper and ignore the prepasted bit?