0 Neutral

About coolcrone

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Patricia
  • Country
    United States
  1. Until this past weekend The Lily, which I bought in August, has been sitting in lonely splendor waiting for me to deal with tons of interferring RL stuff and get back to building. FINALLY, I have found time to work on it. Before I abandoned the poor dear, I had papered all the walls, created hardwood floors, tiled the bathroom floor, and built the two staircases. On Friday I began the build and worked like a banshee on steroids. The walls are in place as are the interior partitions. Everything fit, thank goodness. I've added ceiling paper, baseboards, dentil crown moulding, and interior door frames. Yee Haw!!!! Tomorrow, if all goes as planned (somehow it never does!), I'll add the windows. Getting there and loving it! Now if can just find my durn camera, I'll be able to set up an album and post some pictures. Patricia in KY
  2. My crochet skills to date are limited to the simple granny square, but I may do some experimenting with single chain stitch for the net. Thanks!
  3. Thanks so much for this link! Given the price of the goals (beyond my budget), I'm going to try my hand at creating the 2 goals I need, but it's reassuring to know they are available from the link you provided if I totally mess up my creations.
  4. Thanks for the Hobby Lobby tip! Is there anything that amazing store DOESN'T have? The store closest to me is about 25 miles away, so I'm planning a trip there in the not too distant future.
  5. My grocery list now consists of a bag of onions and mini Bon Bel cheeses so I can try both. The store clerk may wonder what in the cornbread heck I'm preparing to cook?!
  6. Netting from an onion bag. Brilliant!!!! I'm going to give that a try for sure. THANKS!!!
  7. Although I'm new to the miniature world and currently have my hands more than full working on my first house (Greenleaf Lily), I would very much like to make a roombox for my adult son for Christmas and hope to recreate the basketball arena of the team over which he is crazy passionate. I think I've figured out how to create the floor of the court, but I'm absolutely stuck when it comes to the basketball goals. Does anyone know of an online shop which sells these? If not, any ideas about how to make a basketball goal would be so very welcome. Many thanks in advance for any info you may be able to provide. Best wishes, Patricia in KY
  8. I'm so glad you shared this. What a treasure trove of ideas....for free! Patricia from KY
  9. You must be a mind reader!!!! Last night I was trying to figure out how to achieve the aged timber look and then, lo and behold, today your post answered all my questions. Perfect timing, THANKS!! Patricia in KY
  10. Hi, David. Welcome from another Kentuckian. I currently live in Shelbyville (30 minutes from Lousiville) after having spent most of my adult life in Lexington. Patricia
  11. Hello, everyone It's been a few weeks since my last post, in which I described how deeply in love I was falling with my new venture into dollhousing and wondered if I was totally insane to have fallen so hard for miniatures. Your responses to my post were ever so encouraging (and flat out halarious) as many of you admitted to suffering from "miniaturitis" and other names for our shared condition. I was particularly taken by the response which assured me I was NOT an addict, because, after all "addicts attend meetings." I'd planned to post here on a regular basis but RL does have a tendency to get in the way of my best plans. Hopefully, things have calmed down to the point where I can resume fairly frequent communication. Quick update on what I've managed to accomplish on my dollhouse since last I wrote. The shell of the Lily and the wall partitions have now been sanded and primed, and I have wallpaper hung in the parlor, dining room, library, bedroom and bathroom. Have also built both sets of stairs. Floors are stained. Windows are done and ready to hang, as are the double front doors and kitchen door. I hope to take pictures and open an album this week so you can see what I've been up to if you like. Hope everyone is well and happy! Patricia from KY
  12. Hi and a BIG welcome! I, too, am brand new to dollhouse building, and value this site above all others I've found for the wealth of valuable information which is helping me avoid so many mistakes. The experts here are ever so gracious about answeing my questions, and I know they will be to you as well. Best wishes, Patricia from KY
  13. As a "newbie," I am fascinated with the ceiling. How on earth did you do that?! Patricia
  14. coolcrone

Bespaq Bed

GEORGOUS set!!! You are one lucky lady to have found it at "bargain" cost. WOW!
  15. Two weeks ago I began construction of my first dollhouse, and I have fallen deeply in love with this fascinating world of miniatures. Oh My!!! Following suggestions I've culled from your posts, and with help from my son Scott with whom I live, I accomplished the dry fit of my Lily House. Amazing! This past week I labeled walls, floors and ceilings and then took everthing apart. . . very carefully. Yesterday I tried the technique someone here suggested and created a hardwood floor for the second story by drawing lines with an ultra fine permanent marker and then staining over that. Worked like a dream. Yipee!! Thanks! Today I plan to use the same approach for the first floor. Then I'll be ready to lay the floors in kitchen and bathroom with "no wax tile" I found on line. I am also making some of the cutest darn crosstitched wall hangings (found the kits on line dirt cheap). Additionally I ordered and received a book of 100 iron on, miniature embrodiery patterns which I will use to create rugs, chair seat covers, pillows, and an intricate crewel bedspread (that one looks like it could take weeks and weeks of tiny, tiny stitching). Has anyone ever gone blind working on dollhouse accessories? When I'm not actively working on the house, my mind is teeming with ideas, pretty much to the exclusion of everything else. For example, I made shrimp creole for dinner one night and was getting ready to ladel it onto plates when I realized I'd forgotten to add the shrimp to the creole mix which had been simmering all afternoon. AND I am actually dreaming about the house at night. Really!!! So, some of you who are old hands at the world of miniatures, please tell me if this level of obsession early on is even close to normal or have I slid into senility when no one was looking?! Happily, Patricia