• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Nick
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,264 profile views
  1. Yep, paper! Nothing fancy, actually just sketch book paper. The leaves are only regular printer paper.
  2. The orchid flowers are actually made from paper. Each piece (there are 3 pieces to the flower) are cut by hand, no punches. The leaves are paper with a heavy layer of acrylic paint to give it substance. The color of the flowers is painted in gauche paint with a sewing needle (gives it more of an organic look, not perfect, but natural) and formed with a stylus which in turn seems to "buff" the paint and paper to give it a neat little sheen. The stems are floral tape and wire and the aerial roots are made from embroidery floss. The pots are actually store bought, but I'm working on making some myself. I'm still in the process of organizing my stuff to make a tutorial on here. I'll deffinately let everyone know when I manage to get that done. I should have it done well before the holidays! Thanks!!!
  3. There is no book, I just figured out the parts and worked with them. It's not hard, par say, it's just really tedious given that they are so tiny. The orchid with the little "star" shaped ones are barely 1/4" wide. The hard ones are the orchids with the really frilly parts. I haven't figured out how to make them look right in paper. I'd be more than happy to teach someone how to make them. Thanks again!
  4. I actually have the orchid dollhouse, of course it's still not finished (after 2 1/2 years) but I'm still working on it. Eventually, once I have dozens of plants, maybe I'll finish it and turn it in to an orchid shop! Thank you to all for your kind words! Keep an eye out, I'm still working on a lot more, even smaller ones.
  5. Hmmm. How about I start a private swap. Anyone interested? I do like the "winter blues" idea. It kinda makes me think of stuff like palm trees and drinker out of a coconut. Anyone interested?
  6. I started making plants for npet's charity dollhouse and decided to make an orchid. Well, now I'm adicted to making miniature orchids. Check out some of my pics from my little, and I mean little, projects. Let me know what you think! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=31242
  7. punkrockminis

Orchids

These are some of the orchids I've been making 'to scale' mind you, out of paper. Some of these flowers are only 1/4" wide (3" in real life). If you would like one, I am more than open to commissions. Just give me the orchid you will like, and I'll do the rest!
  8. I really wanted to participate in the swap the last time, but wasn't in a position to do so. Now the swaps are canceled. Is there any possible way someone else could take over and bring the swap back? I'm sure it's not as simple as it seems, but I'm willing to take the challenge. I would absolutely love to set up a swap.
  9. I used a spray lacquer from Testors. It's "1834M Wet Look Clear". It is awesome. It was actually the least expensive out of all of the spray lacquer at only $5. I have to end up spraying it outside, I tried in a "well ventilated area" in my home, but it stunk for hours. Hope this helps. Oh, I made some more plants yesterday, but my camara is a battery hog and havn't gotten around to getting new batteries. I'll put some up soon.
  10. I used tea grounds and it looks awesome!! I'm working on a couple more, so i'll put pictures up as soon as I can. Thanks again, awesome tips!
  11. Thanks for all the info. I do shop online and through mail order, but for alot of things, since I'm still sort of new to the hobby, I like to see it in person to get a good idea on its size. But I will definately check out those links. Thanks again, you guys have been a great help!!
  12. I was thinking the same thing about the gravel, it was just the first thing I saw, so I used it. Thanks!
  13. I've been working on a few new projects to sell on eBay or something and would love some feedback. I want brutal honesty. Let me know what you like or don't like, how much you would pay for it, etc.... I'd really love it if I can earn some money doing what I love to do! The painting on the wall isn't finished. I'm waiting on my order of picture frame trim to finish it and a few others. My new printer is fantastic! The plant is really what I am concentrating on. The plant is made entirely of paper. Well, except the pot and gravel, but the plant itself is. I'm currently working on making different kinds of plants too. Let me know what you think!! Thanks!!!
  14. I just moved to Baltimore, the largest city in Maryland, and there are no hobbie stores in a 10+ mile radius that sells anything remotely related to dollhouses. I've called every hobby store within the Baltimore beltway and NONE of them have any idea of where to even look. If anyone has any information on where I can go to find dollhouse supplies, please let me know! Thanks!!!
  15. Friendly, Sorry, but they don't ship to Canada. Why? Havn't the slightest.