• Last visited

0 Neutral

About aainaa

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Ariel
  • Country
    United States
  1. I am a newbie also, but I gather that you are correct. I fully anticipate making mistakes along the way, so having the ability to go back and fix them will be vital. My husband is a carpenter and he says wood glue bonds are often stronger than the wood itself (he did a project on this for a science fair in middle school or something). In other words if you try to break the glue bonds with force, you risk breaking the wood itself, instead. That kind of strength might be crucial in lifesize building or dollhouses made specifically for a pack of destructive 4 year olds, but for most I'm guessing tacky glue is sufficient in strength for our purposes. Especially green n00bs like us who have many hard lessons ahead of us. From what I see of the Buttercup kit I just ordered, I am willing to bet wood-glued joints would probably be the strongest part of a Greenleaf build haha. I am going to start with white tacky glue. Reeeally hope I don't have to go back and unglue anything but we will see. I can only imagine this is why the included Greenleaf instructions suggest hotmelt or glue-gun glue; all it takes to remove the glue is heat and scraping. Still, sounds needlessly messy to me so tacky it is. Good luck! Ariel
  2. I want to start a discussion for frustrated users where we share what *didn't* work. Often lessons learned the hard way can be MOST instructive and helpful! I hope experienced Greenleaf enthusiasts will share their most painful learning moments in an effort to make assembling and finishing GL kits a fun and rewarding experience. I have seen such stories around the forums, but would like to create a centralized location for them all. Make your negative experiences a positive by sharing them, and describing how to avoid similar situations in the future!