About grammy97

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    joan
  • Country
    United States
  1. I make my flowers out of sculpy. Just look at a photo (daffodil) and sculpt each piece; then bake and assemble.Make sure you put the holes for attaching pieces before you bake them. I made a whole English garden this way.
  2. She must be wealthier than I ! Those look like they need to be insured.
  3. I am kinda new here---can't see where to look at your Glencroft.
  4. I use 'pea gravel' for my stonework like that. I pick them up on the neighborhood street while I am walking.
  5. In our city, we have bazaars in Nov. and Dec. I have sold mine at these bazaars.
  6. Well the seller is in China, and I won't buy from China. It looks like the fridge comes out of one set and the cabinets another. You can do better if you keep checking ebay and opt to have ebay send you alerts when these items are posted.
  7. I have also seen this done as a beach cottage.
  8. Thank you all--these are helpful suggestions!
  9. grammy97

Interior Downstairs

What do you use for the flooring?
  10. Thank you FOV.......I notice you don't have a flag. Is that because you are a moderator?
  11. Thank you for your suggestions. I did not mean to insult anyone so I apologize if I did. I am expressing my thoughts and comparisons, and maybe Greenleaf can look into some suggestions. I am doing the Orchid now, because I retired from dollhouse assembly (it was a small business) and got the urge again to do a house. Do all these kits (Orchid for example) come in laser cuts?--or are there specific ones?
  12. When I started dollhouse building 25+ years ago, I used Duracraft kits. They went out of business a few years back and I miss them terribly. (anyone hear why that was?) Their kits were quality (for kits--RGT excluded) and they came with real basewood pieces for trim, nice cedar shingles etc. PLUS if you broke any piece they would send it free of charge. Now I am doing a Greenleaf and find myself having to cut the slots larger; reading backwards directions( I never put in windows first because of all the turning and clamping of the sides) ;with no picture of the interior..etc .etc I probably will be banned from here by Greenleaf, but cannot say these are quality kits. Anyone else find this to be true?
  13. Shingling is the WORST part of making a dollhouse!
  14. Good idea CheckMouse. I do hope thay can remove them though.