Gayle

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Gayle

1. Platinum Member 826 3,380 posts Location: Maine Report post Posted yesterday at 01:05 PM I've always liked this cottage painting by Helen Allingham done well over 100 years ago. I can see the reason for the updates but did they have to remove the charm? That's the problem with a lot of things, updates ruin it.
  2. Many years ago, I ordered jellies from the state highway patrol. One of the jellies was corn cob. I finally got the nerve to try it and found that I really enjoyed it. I've since lost touch with them and miss the different selections they offered.
  3. Kathie, have you tried Nuts.com? I just looked at their site and they have organic rye flour for $3.99 lb. Hope this helps.
  4. My first dollhouse was given to my granddaughter. I've given dollhouses to all the little girls I know and now I have them in almost every room in the house. The kitchen was the exception but I did use a shelf in a vintage cabinet to house a bedroom and bathroom. It has made for interesting conversation whenever someone notices it and everything is removable. The walls and floor are made of foam core so that they don't mar the finish of the cabinet. The one request that I ask of the little girls is that when they tire of the house, that she pass it on to another little girl to play with and love.
  5. Welcome Back Mike! You have been missed more than I can say.
  6. Hi Everyone! Just checking in from my little corner of SC. The numbers for my county are 7 reported cases and sadly 2 deaths. I've been staying at home since the end of Feb. but not because of the virus, Bronchitis and a sinus infection were enough to slow me down. I'm really glad to see everyone and have the forum back up and running. Looking forward to catching up.
  7. I checked Kris' blog last night and was saddened to read that she is retiring from the blog.
  8. Kathie and Holly, I feel the same way. I like feeling young but my joints and other parts won't agree with me.
  9. Many years ago, there was a show called, "The Wonderful World of Disney" that had some fascinating shows. Along with Chip and Dale, Donald Duck, "Charlie, the Lonesome Cougar", Spin and Marty and there were also educational pieces. One was called, "Justin Morgan Had a Horse". I've seen it listed on Ebay.
  10. Welcome home! I hope you feel better soon and I'm also looking forward to seeing pictures.
  11. Thanks Kathie. I know he can't respond but was hoping he would take the hint and come back.
  12. Happy news!! I'm adding my name to the list of people that are thrilled to see you back on the forum. Please do stay and regale us with your wit and funny stories. You are missed when you're not here.
  13. I'll be sending you a pm as well. I need to find the right card first. Thank you Kathie, you're a treasure.
  14. Welcome back Mike! It's wonderful to have you posting again, you have been missed. Looking forward to seeing your new house.
  15. Each one is only a couple of hours away. I'm really looking forward to holding those little girls.
  16. I have some happy news! I have 2 sons who have one child each. DS#1 has one son, who is married and expecting their first child in January. DS#2 has a daughter who with her significant other are expecting in January. I received a text last night that the granddaughter had gone into labor about 9. This morning before breakfast, she had delivered a little girl. I received a call from the grandson informing me that his little girl would be delivered after dinner today. Two great granddaughters on the same day. Everyone is doing well and resting except the fathers who have probably collapsed from all the drama. LOL
  17. Gayle

Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas Mike and Rosemary. May your day be filled with wonderful things, minis and turkey.
  18. Gayle

Rumbled!

Arctic trek? Your description reminded me of Ralphie's little brother in "The Christmas Story". Arms straight out and walking like a penguin. Colorful mummies sounds better.
  19. Gayle

Rumbled!

Hi Mike, it's sooooo good to see you. Hugs to you and Rosemary. Enjoy that Jurassic turkey.
  20. I dislike those sticky pads. Every time one gets pulled off, the skin goes with it. Ouch!
  21. Holly, glad to see you're okay and Gordon didn't cut you off from the rest of the world.