Gayle

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Gayle

1. Updating the list.

The following kits have been sold:

#40006 3 pc. Hepplewhite Dining Table

#40007 Side Chair (I still have one left)

#40015 Chippendale Sofa

#40016 Chippendale Wing Chair (I still have one left)

#40028 Chippendale Straight Leg Chair (I still have 3 left)

#40029 Chippendale Straight Leg Armchair

#40038 Queen Anne Table

#40039 Queen Anne Tea Table  (I still have one left)

• Like 1
  2. My DH and I moved last year and I no longer have a workshop and the new house isn't big enough to house everything.  Arthritis has started to make it almost impossible to work on minis.

I'll start by listing the House of Miniature kits I have on hand.  There quite a few and I'll post the website so you can view each kit.  Please contact me by PM here and use the item number for the kit when inquiring about the price.

Closed Cabinet Top #40001

Open Cabinet Top #40002

Hepplewhite Side Table #40004 (I have 3)

Hepplewhite 3 pc. Dining Room Table #4006

Side Chair #40007 (I have 2)

Chippendale 6 Drawer Chest #40010

Queen Anne Candle Stand #40013

Chippendale Sofa #40015

Chippendale Wing Chair #40016 (I have 2)

Chippendale Low Boy #40024 (I have 2)

Chippendale Straight Leg Chair #40028 (I have 4)

Chippendale Straight Leg Armchair #40029

Chippendale Bench #40031

Chippendale Hanging Shelf #40032

Chippendale Low Post Bed #40033

Dower Chest #40034

Hooded Cradle #40035 (I have 2)

Hepplewhite Serpentine Table #40036

Queen Anne Table #40038

Queen Anne Tea Table # 40039 (I have 2)

Chippendale Slant Front Desk #40042

Chippendale Day Bed #40043

Chippendale Breakfront #40048

Chippendale Serpentine Chest #40050

Bachelor's Chest #40054

Chair Table #40075

Book Stand & Pedestal Desk # 40080

James River Fireplace #41220 (I have 2)

Chippendale Looking Glass #42403

There is a Hepplewhite Buffet #4012 available also.  The maker is Houseworks and it is listed at the bottom.

The website is:    https://houseofminiatures.info/index

3. This is just an idle thought, show your students your first and second efforts with your chair.  They need to see that some projects don't always turn out 100% the first time.  It's okay to make mistakes and there is always room for improvement.  Hopefully, they won't get discouraged with their project.

• Like 3
  4. After 50 years in my old house, DH and I bought a new to us house.  We started moving last week and I'm still looking for items that I know I packed.  If hubby packed any boxes, I don't have a clue where to locate them or what he put in them.  It may take me to Christmas to find everything.  We downsized and are in the process of remodeling a couple of the rooms.  One bedroom will become the new bath and the old bath (which isn't much bigger than a postage stamp) will be a laundry room.  Our biggest challenge has been to locate a general contractor.  The first one we contacted is keeping us dangling and delaying answering our questions.  The second one is due to come to the house next week to give us an estimate.  

5. Talk about thinking outside of the box!  

My new washer started making a funny sound during the spin cycle.  When I had DH listen to it, we decided it was possibly loose change that had gotten around the center piece of the washer.  When he shone a light, sure enough, we could see silver and copper.  He tried grinding a pair of needle nose plies down to fit in the space but that didn't work.  He ended up using a pair of my bent end tweezers (looks like an L) and a small hand saw from my stash of tools.  He was able to remove 27 cents.  Bet he remembers to empty his pockets from now on.  

• Like 1
    • Haha 2
  6. I found a Canterbury House for sale on Facebook that is unopened, the plastic wrapper is still intact and the box looks to be in great condition.  If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll send you the particulars.

7. She did know she was loved.  Every time I went out to the deck, she would jump up on the railing and butt heads with me.  She even let me rub her tummy.

8. We felt it too.  We were drinking our coffee and each thought the other was bouncing the foot to shake the floor.  The house bounced a bit and the pictures rattled but everything is fine.  

9. My DH bought me a face shield.  It came from Northern Hydraulics and is a welder's face shield, nice and heavy but it allows for cooling air to flow.  I'm covered from my forehead to past my chin, almost to my chest.  I have COPD and breathing through a mask is about the same as having a head cold and breathing through my mouth.  I can enter the grocery store or Walmart and not be told I have to leave.  I've worn it to the doctor's office and the hospital to get blood work done without any problems either.

• Like 1