DHEngineer

Silver Member
  • Last visited

0 Neutral

About DHEngineer

Previous Fields

• Country
    Please Select
  1. These pieces came with the newport I picked up. With a .99 opening bid and not much action thus far I don't see it selling for too much. Good deal IMHO but then again I'm bias! http://www.ebay.com/...%3D1&_rdc=1<br>
  2. I'm currently painting a farmhouse jr and have encountered the same thing. Were you able to get a super smooth finish like you were looking for? I have been painting and sanding lightly between coats till I build up enough to get a nice even color and smooth finish. Takes time and patience. Fortunately I have both. Definitely not as easy as expected though!
  3. I can also meet up in Rockland County, NY. I'm willing to trade for any miniature related items. It's going on ebay next week.
  4. Thanks for all the info and the warm welcome. I'm well on my way to getting the farmhouse jr going. Started painting the walls the other day. On my second fill coat (MDF soaks up paint). I have three coats on the gable wall which I have sanded twice (once after first and second coats). The finish is nice and smooth but needs at least 1 more coat, a sanding and another finish coat before its all done. I am painting the body yellow which means lots of coats. I definitely should have bought the paint with the primer already mixed in but its a bit late now. Not really a big deal though as it's really only 4 walls that need the detail painting. The rest of the painting is white on wood and gray on the foundation (and then a top coat of stucco grit) both of which are simple 2-3 coat jobs.
  5. I have an older Batrie (Real Good Toys) Newport kit in plywood. I bought this kit for $100 very recently. I purchased the kit thinking it was new and I am going to fully disclose any issues I've come across so the next owner is not caught off guard like I was. The kit is complete as far as I can tell. All major components are there but I haven't gone through the tiny parts yet (all of which are bagged). The foundation was assembled incorrectly so i took it apart and redid it properly. The windows were improperly assembled, and glued before being painted so I bought all new windows from RGT with acrylic (including the circle window). Including shipping this came out to about $43. I sanded and started repainting 2 of the walls and with my limited spare time know I won't be able to get the kit done by the deadline I've set. In light of this I've decided to sell it. I have $143 into it thus far and will consider all reasonable offers or trades for electrification supplies. Prefer local pick-up but could possibly ship if buyer was willing to pay.
  6. So, I'm new around here and just wanted to introduce myself. It all started with an idea to build my girlfriend's niece a dollhouse and now I have two RGT kits, one I am going to sell and another I am going to build. I've always been a person who enjoyed building things so I will be the first to admit that while the dollhouse will be a gift it's definitely a nice relaxing project for me to work on when I have free time. The two kits I have are the RGT Newport (plywood) and the RGT Vermont Farmhouse Jr. I bought the Newport off craigslist under the guise it was new but it turns out the kit was started and the walls were already painted, the foundation built, and the windows assembled without being painted. I redid the foundation as it was built incorrectly and bought new windows and doors from RGT. Then I stumbled across the Vermont Farmhouse Jr. which was brand new and snagged it up for super cheap ($20). While the Newport is very nice I really don't want to have to sand down and refinish all the walls as I'm quite the perfectionist so I think I'm just going to sell it and try and get some money back on it. The farmhouse though will be a relatively easy build that I won't drive me insane (the one thing I hate is taking on other people's unfinished projects). Hopefully the forum will be a great place to get ideas and any help I may need along the way!