About Arden

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Arden
  • Country
    Canada
  1. I really really really hope I win! (Congrats to whoever does, hopefully me! )
  2. Wow, good thing I checked in here before midnight, else I'd be kicking myself!
  3. :lol: I think it's time to start myself off with a little hatred directed my way (well, perhaps not hatred, but definitely jealousy). About 7-8 months ago I became rather anemic. I began craving ice 24/7, it got so bad that the freezer couldn't keep up with my chomping habits. I stopped ordering drinks with my ice in restaurants, and stopped drinking anything at all at home. (No pop, no juice, no alcohol.) I very soon began to lose weight as a side effect. Even after I realized I was anemic and started being treated for it, I kept eating ice, and have not stopped. Since that time I have lost around 40 pounds :woot: , probably more, as I stopped weighing myself after I'd hit a certain point as it was truly depressing. The ice is great because I chomp it whenever I'm thirsty, AND often if I feel like I'm a bit peckish, but not very hungry (which incidentally is often actually thirst-related, not hunger related), or if I just feel the need to eat without any actually hunger, it solves the problem of oral fixation. The best part of all this, is that my eating habits have not changed at all (I still eat what I want, when I want it, no matter how calorie-ridden or fat-ridden), nor have my activity levels, and I'm continuing to lose weight. Although I'm sure one day the weight-loss related to my ice-habit will eventually plateau, it seems to be a while off still, and if I decide I want to lose more weight, I know that there are many venues I can take, such as then changing some eating habits, or activity habits. Man, I've turned into one of those people I've always hated! Losing obscene amounts of weight with seemingly no effort, or bad side effects. ;) Anyways, I wish everyone luck with their weight loss efforts, and apologize to those who want to strangle me now, there's no need to be mad at me yet, I'm not close to a normal weight yet, so it's still a long way to go until you can truly hate me for it! Cheers, arden