Profile Information

• Interests
    Knitting, Crochet, Quilting

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Debra
  • Country
    United States
  1. After opening the Beaumont Box, all parts were included except for the Warm Up Sheet. Does anyone have access to the Warm Up Sheet and could scan/ email us a copy? thanks, deb
  2. Thanks for the quick response.... I have some painter's tape from a recent project so I can begin assembling in a few days.
  3. Well, we've received the Beaumont box (it's big!) and set up the table for the build. A QUESTION REGARDING TAPE: What is the optimal tape to use for the Dry Fit (characteristics offering good adhesive and reside-free). I'm thinking '3M Scotch Painters Blue Tape". What's everyone using for the Dry Fit Process?
  4. Dear More Minis, Thank you for your comprehensive response. YES, I suspected all that you said was TRUE, i.e., Retailer ploy, generally not a problem for folks (people tend to be quite vocal about issues) and that if there was a problem, the 'fix' is easier than thicker wood. My husband and I are very excited to receive our 'Laser cut Beaumont' which is in transit from GL. You'll all hear more as we begin this journey over the months to come... many thanks, Deb
  5. Thanks to all of you, Terry and I made the decision to go forward with the GL Laser Cut Beaumont (our first dollhouse project). I've learned much from all the forum comments and suggestions, but wondered if there's a step-by-step guide, Youtube video or reference, that explains each sequential step for building a dollhouse (based on all your best practices and lessons learned), for example: Open your new box and locate all the house components and label each by....,Read the instructions several times so you're comfortable with the building plan,Dry fit the house (using painter's tape) to ensure all parts fit together properlyOnce built (dry fit) begin thinking about your interior design plans, i.e., paint color, wall coverings, lighting, furniture arrangements, etc.and so on.... All of this may be included in the dollhouse instructions box, but not having build a dollhouse, we aren't sure. Thanks again everyone.... we're pumped! Debbie
  6. Thanks sooo much for all the fast responses to my question re: warping. Sounds like this is not a problem I should be worried about. I love the detail of the GL dollhouses, and am not expecting a problem. Just trying to avoid any big issue because this is our first build. Really appreciate the feedback from everyone...
  7. Hello folks, I'm new to the forum (yes I've introduced myself) and hear from retailers to avoid Greenleaf houses because of warping (the comment being that RGT houses use 3/8 in plywood and GF uses 1/8 in.). Is this something I should be concerned about, especially if I build a 'large' house such as the Beaumont or Beacon Hill? thanks everyone, Debbie
  8. I'm so grateful for everyone's quick response to my post. Thank you! Okay, I'm now getting the picture, sounds like GL is a perfect fit for me and my husband. My husband is a fabulous model builder from way back and gives me confidence we can do this. That said, he says "I'll handle the building, but I'm not a big decorator.... Ha Ha Ha" So, what's so great about this hobby is we can together work on projects as a team. We've looked through all the houses and both love the Beaumont and Beacon Hill. Of course, we realize this is a challenging first venture, but want to take our time, learn along the way and reach out to you folks when we have questions. Our plan is to purchase the Beaumont a Christmas gift to each other (assume we'll buy directly from GL) and begin our project by New Year's Day. Wish us luck... best, Debbie
  9. Hello everyone, I'm Debbie and very excited about learning more about the dollhouse community. I was able to quickly be-friend Wendy who has been gracious, patient and a wealth of information. I now have a variety of resources to begin building my knowledge base. One question I have for all of you is the difference between purchasing a Real Good Toys dollhouse or a Greenleaf Dollhouse. Given the 1" to 12" scale I'm interested in building, I seem to find Real Good Toys as the major retail distributor. From what I can glean, the GF dollhouses are more realistic but more challenging to build. Retail folk are not positive about GF. What is the opinion of this forum, how do you differentiate the two manufacturers? talk soon, deb