Never2manyShoes

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Never2manyShoes last won the day on February 27

Never2manyShoes had the most liked content!

213 Excellent

1 Follower

About Never2manyShoes

Profile Information

• Interests
    Too many to have time for them all....Miniatures, Horseback riding, home improvement, decorating, gardening, reading, enjoying life!

Retained

• Member Title
    Erika E.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Erika
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,406 profile views
  1. Your crown moldings are fantastic! What's your secret??
  2. Thanks so much for the info. So smear caulk, paint, then cut into pieces?
  3. Nice to know I'm not the only one with U.F.O.'s (Un-Finished-Projects) hanging around for DECADES! Good for you for reeving up again!
  4. I've seen a couple tutorials on making "slate" roof tiles out of foam. What kind of foam is being used and where do I get it? I'm assuming the colored edges are exposed foam. Is that painted over after the shingles are in place? Sorry if these are rookie questions but I'm going to attempt a slate roof on my Pierce rehab.
  5. Never2manyShoes

Pierce Rehab

I need another project like a hole in the head but I couldn't resist this sad looking Pierce at the Goodwill for $20. Looks like someone gave up on it as none of the trim pieces are on. It's in rough shape but I think I can make something of it. It's been put together with hot glue so I shouldn't have too much trouble taking it apart. I'd like to make a different stairwell hole on the second floor to accommodate a Houseworks curved staircase I've had in my stash for decades. I've never restored a house before so any comments of suggestions are welcome! I'm thinking a stone exterior (egg cartons) with a slate roof. Would love suggestions on how to make the shingles.
  6. Thanks for posting this. I'll be following this topic because I have the same questions. My DH bought me a $600 3-D printer for my birthday but I returned it because just reading the instructions made my head spin. I need something WAY more user friendly. Thinking about a Circuit.....
  7. Never2manyShoes

Hannah

Beautiful needlework
  8. Never2manyShoes

1" scale laser cut Diana

Update: taking a break from the Dian build to finish a RGT front opening Farmhouse that is going to be donated to a silent auction in December. The Diana project has been fun & I'll start back up on it after the New Year. Posting pictures of the progress. Starting a new project. 1" scale Diana from Greenleaf. This is the first time I've worked with laser cuts. Well worth the extra cost. I wish Greenleaf would make a laser cut Beacon Hill - I'd be all over that! This one will be a "stone' lake house cottage. Three slightly different colors of egg cartons were used with a dry brush of color over the paper. Base of house painted a dark grey/green to simulate grout between stones. The whole thing was finished with 2 coats of matte Mod Podge.
  9. Thanks! I saw that. I ended up getting one from eBay.
  10. My ultimate dollhouse goal is the Beacon Hill to be built as 3 apartments inspired by Angieaug (her work is amazing). I've started shopping for one and they are out of stock everywhere, including this Greenleaf site. Anyone have any information on this subject? )
  11. Never2manyShoes

6.jpg

Love that coffee table. How did you make it?