Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Pixie0763

Shiro relaxing2

Just like a cat to make themselves at home!
  2. Very cute! Love the colors!
  3. I love these! They are adorable!
  4. Thank you Holly! It was a real learning experience.
  5. I'm slowly getting it decorated. Here is the front poarch.
  6. I'd like to do a dollhouse of my home. It's not that my house is unique or fancy, but I thought it would be fun to build it in miniature and attempt to decorate it as it really is.
  7. Thanks for all the support everyone! I am thrilled to have found this forum and all the wonderfully talented people here!
  8. I can build & decorate, but I'm not naturally artistic enough to make my own furniture, accessories, etc., which means they're purchased. It adds up quickly, and the money I'd spend furnishing one could be spent building the next? Of course, as things are going, I think John will continue to nudge me into finishing the inside too. I'm not complaining. I'll just have to spread it out over time to keep from going broke! LOL!
  9. Being my first dollhouse and given as a Christmas gift from John, my husband, I think he's as (or more) attached to it than I am? To that end, he came up with a relatively inexpensive way to display it. He's taken a wooden bar stool and mounted a heavy piece of finished plywood to it. So, I've ordered what I want to decorate the exterior. Inasmuch as the display won't swivel, making it much less easy to turn around, I still may not decorate the interior? Of course, he may change my mind on that too! LOL! I'll take more pictures once I get it further decorated outside. Off topic, my Pierce kit arrived! So far, I've stained the first level floors cherry & polyurethaned them.
  10. Have any of you used Magic Bric or Bloc? Have you used Plastruct in either pieces or sheets? Please let me know your experiences with any of these products ... pros & cons. Thanks!
  11. Not only is my husband encouraging me to dress up the Bungalow and keep it; he has ordered the Pierce kit for me! I have no idea where I'm going to put another house ... but I'm walking on cloud 9 right now and not worried about it!
  12. I have limited space; hence thinking on whether or not to sell it before starting another? I'm considering a Pierce or Garfield next and really doing it up, then decorating & displaying it.
  13. I just finished my first dollhouse, the Real Good Toys Beachside Bungalow! Now I'm conflicted about whether to dress it up or sell it and start again?
  14. This is a repeat, but never hurts for emphasis ... paint/paper everything you can in advance of assembly. It's a lot harder to do after the pieces are put together!