Soapz

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Soapz

1. I would glue it, sand it - and then use wood petrifier for the whole piece. You can still prime it and paint after you do that. I've done that to a shelf and it worked like magic...... I used this one and was pretty impressed..........
  2. Here is the link - just click "download this file" Warm-up sheet
  3. Welcome Ute! Any questions, just ask. We are always happy to help.
  4. Depending on the seller postage is decent. A lot cheaper than shipping from the US to there. I would definitely contact the seller for shipping if they don't calculate on checkout. I had a Tudor kit shipped over and postage was about as much as the kit itself - but it is huge and heavy. For furniture I paid about $20 (plus or minus a few) on average for packages less than 4 pounds. That's the magic number here. They differentiate between parcel and package - but minis do not weigh much, so we get lucky there. I would also check ebay.co.uk and Etsy - never know what pops up.
  5. Welcome Bill! Tudor houses are fun. I have done some research (google is my friend....) on British sites. You might want to use google.co.uk and search there for Dollls House instead of dollhouse. Depending on the amount of money you want to spend here are a few websites that might give you a start: Arjen Spinhoven - Furniture Directory of Furniture making books - open source Thatching a Roof - How to Video Tudor Exteriors - Tutorial Pinterest Board with Tudor Furniture - good place to look around Ashwood Designs - definitely worth looking through Blog with links to all kinds of Tudor.......... Enjoy your dollhouse!
  6. Check this thread: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=41634
  7. We had rain for a few hours, but we caught the tail-end of the storm. Not much happened here.
  8. Depending on the exterior design, another option would be to hinge the front and back panels under the roof overhang or the ground. That might give your daughters an included play table. If you go with the "french door" option, I would probably go with one panel that opens living room and foyer/hall and the 3rd bedroom, and the other one library - sort of a 1/3 to 2/3 division of the panels. You could always cover the seam with a gutter downpipe or so. Third option could be to hinge the roof. That would give you complete access to the 2nd floor (two wings front and back), and you would only have to make front and back panels that open for the first floor. I like that option in regards to stability and to avoid the hinged panels being too heavy and possibly tearing lose.
  9. Hello Bryan, it might help if you let people know where the house is at the moment. Not the specific address, but a 50-60 mile vicinity or so. Or at least the state. Shipping it would be cost-prohibitive in most cases. Beautiful house though.
  10. Guess a lot of us went for the grab bags............ LOL - I got one and a Knole as well. And I do know that to do with it. And I want to use the parts for patterns. I love the Knole sofas
  11. There are a few stores that sell thin wood sheets - domestic and imports: http://www.woodnshop.net/index.php?p=home https://www.laserarts.net/menu http://www.wood-supplies.com/miniature.php https://www.kencraftcompany.com/product/thin-stock-lumber-domestic/ http://shgoode.com/sheet-stock These are just some that have a pretty good assortment.
  12. Good to hear y'all have settled on a place - and i do not envy you the packing. I'm taking a few days off right now to declutter the house and I will throw a lot of things out. (No, none of them from the mini-stash). So, welcome to the coast where it is never the heat but the humidity............. LOL
  13. That is a beautiful house. But Wiggins................ LOL
  14. I hope you will start to feel better soon, Jeremy. Don't push yourself beyond what you are supposed to do. Rehab requires patience....
  15. I usually bounce off the ones saying "Pull"............ hahaha. Can't believe we all pay so much attention to every minute detail and can't handle doors......... Y'all made my day today!
  16. I would look for 1/24 from JBM or Bespaq - a lot of them have measurements on their websites. An armoire or wardrobe shouldn't be more than 4 inches for your dolls. We have a few people here that work in 1/24 scale, you might want to wait until one of them comes online - they can give you websites where you can buy that scale. I only work in 1/12, so i really don't know any of the good dealers that can be trusted. this is one of the better quality items in 1/24 on ebay: Dauphine library
  17. In my 1/12 houses, the walls are anywhere between 8 to 12 inches (2.40m to 3.60m real life or 24cm to 36cm in dollhouse). The dolls would be 5.5 or 6 inches (16.5cm to 1.80cm or 1.65m to 1.80m in real life.) Doorways are around 7.5 to 8.5 inches which would be 2.20m or 2.5 m in real life - depending on interior or exterior doors. This gives you a rough idea of the 1/12 scale measurements
  18. I think something is off on your measurements. 1/12 scale means 1 Foot length (30.5 cm) equals 1 inch (3cm), therefore your dolls would be about 90 cm high in real life? That is really short........ If your door is 5 inches - that is about 1.50 meters - again, very short. Someone correct me, but the size of the doll is more 1/24 scale? If that is the case, the wardrobe would be too large as it is the wrong scale
  19. Soapz

Selkie

In sorrow, we mourn those lost. In gratitude, we embrace those around us. In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve. Thinking about all of you here, Chris
  20. Hope dies last............ or so. I'm currently building a Chrysnbon bathroom because I hate the chunky look of the bargain ones and I can't afford Elf miniatures (yet).......
  21. Y'all might want to think about searching for Minimundus and Reutter on ebay - should be cheaper as they are manufactured there.
  22. Bri, your chandelier looks great - and I admire your patience to do it. I built one before and apparently broke one wire while building it, so it was finished and never worked.... sigh. I haven't touched one since. Amazing work! I feel you, Sable........... mine too . spent a fortune at JarJaf and have not really anything to show for it..........hahaha. One day I will give it another try...... one day....
  23. Good morning all, I spent the last few days trying to catch up with the forum - so many new members: Welcome to all of you! Haven't been around too much due to real life, but things are getting less time consuming, so: back to the minis it is! I've been to the gallery and i saw that the stove Beulah put in her Glenwood and that members really liked it. So I thought I share how I got mine (as in plural) for cheap from ebay. I have managed to get several through ebay.de - that is the "German" ebay. In the US on ebay.com they are often sold as "Gesezlich geschutzt" which means nothing more than 'legally protected - patented' and they charge way too much for them, as can be seen here: Stove on ebay.com Now, if you go to the German version of ebay: ebay.de and search for either the manufacturer name "Bodo hennig" or use google translator to translate that to the German "herd" you'll find cheaper ones - ranging around $25 to $35. Now, most sellers there have "kein versand nach " - meaning "not sending to" the US - but if you messaged them, most will ship to the US which costs usually around $10 to $13. Right now they have this one on ebay.de - which is on the higher end - but I check on the German ebay site as often as on the US site. "Herd" on ebay.de Here is the main site for dollhouse things on the German ebay: ebay - dollhouse main page and this is the page that comes up if you use "herd" (stove) as the search term: ebay.de dollhouse stoves - there are some really nice ones on there that I haven't seen on the US site. We do have German members- I am one of them - so, if you ask any of us, I'm sure we can help you find and/or buy off that site with no problems. You still have paypal buyer protection and all that good stuff, so it shouldn't be an issue. Postage from Germany to the US is actually a lot cheaper than the other way around, and I have found some really cool stuff. I hope this helps someone here, Chris P.S. I do the same thing with ebay.fr (French), ebay.co.uk (British), ebay.es (Spanish), ebay.it (Italy), ebay.be (Belgium) on occasion, especially if one the artists I look for is located in one of those countries.
  24. The Willowcrest was out of production for a while, they started making it again sometime last year I think....