Soapz

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Soapz

1. Soapz

Brookwood

This is really beautiful and a perfect spot for it.
  2. Ron, it is so beautiful that it makes me wish I had money - lots of it, so I could buy it. I'm truly amazed at the artisan~/craftsmanship of this house.
  3. This is a great project to look forward to, David. I wish I was that talented, but I guess I better stick to my kits.... hahahaha
  4. Soapz

The Front of the Sage

This is really beautiful. I'm checking your website all the time, because you said this will be available in 1/12? Right?
  5. Soapz

That front needs a bench. Every nice house needs a bench... jus' sayin'.... Beautiful work.
  6. Great find. Don't know what I would do without ebay....
  7. As my Worthington is looking more and more finished - I thought about starting the Tudor house and I want to include a monk's hole (I believe they call it). I guess we all like a bit of intrigue with the houses - awesome. Like minds and such....
  8. Weeeelllll....... I started with one of those 3-drawer thingies and a barrel. I used one drawer for fabric, one for wallpaper and one for wood bits and used the barrel for long trim and wood stuff. Then I used a million and two coffee cans for cut-offs. Then I used a bin for all furniture. Then I used a cardboard box for damaged furniture. Then I used my desk for stuff that needs to be done soon. Then I used another table for stuff that doesn't need to be done right away, but I want to do right away. Let's just say - if you figure out a system that works - let me know.... hahahahaha I'm sorry that this wasn't helpful, but maybe it'll make you feel better about not being organized as you would like to be.
  9. It looks gorgeous. I'm glad you posted the pictures.
  10. Welcome to the forum, Deb! I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here with us.
  11. Hello Phylis, welcome to the forum. I looked up the Diana - it is a real pretty house - can't wait to see what you're going to do with it.
  12. Selkie, I'm not sure they have everything online - I found those in the local HL and there were more that could be used as well. The stores have two whole shelf sections dedicated to those. The manufacturer is metal gallery and I only found them at HL so far. I'll check out our second store for the glass beads today - If I find more I can get some for you. I'll also look for embellishments - I'll buy two of each and post a picture - if you want some of them let me know and I'll mail them out.
  13. Well, I just ordered trim with my coupon. I also bought out all the trim at my local hobby shop - I believe I'm trim obsessed....
  14. Also found metal embellishments (Metal Gallery is on sale) and hollow pear-shaped beads in the clearance section that will make awesome bottles.
  15. Hatboxes at Hobby Lobby: 1 5/16th" in diameter and 1 inch in height - made of basswood bottoms (1/8" thick) and paper-thin bass for walls. Perfect for vanity cases or hatboxes.
  16. Hello David, welcome to the forum! The houses are beautiful and your paintings are as well. Being slightly demented is definitely the main characteristic of all of us, but that is being trumped by us being not only enablers - no, we are 'the' enablers. So.... which build can we talk you into making today? Ideas? Suggestions? Tell us what you need and we will come up with it, supply the pictures and tell you where to find it.... hahahaha You'll enjoy being here with us, I'm sure of it!
  17. Soapz

The dollhouse

Very elegant and pretty - I'd move in in a heartbeat. Awesome job - wanna come by and do the outside of my Worthington?
  18. Thank you everyone - as always you've been most helpful. If anyone is interested, I found a really great shop on etsy for these architectural details (all swirly and flowery) and I'm posting the link here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gg1350 I really like their stuff. I did already buy some metal embellishments at the craft stores, and I'm also working on perfecting my stenciled ceiling medallions. I guess right now I'm as ready for furniture building and detail work as I can be.... but... I have to shingle the roof first and attach the siding.... *sigh* - so hopefully in about 2 or 3 weeks I'll be able to show you something. Thanks again, you all are awesome. P.S. I'm going to save up some money for the router table for my dremel...
  19. The flower box is along the lines that I'm thinking. Thank you Sable for posting that and for your generous offer. I'm thinking on the furniture that is 1:12 scale the smaller trim versions of 1:24 would look perfect - but there is not really all that much out there. I'm going to have a serious talk with my local hobby train shop - that's where I got the other trim from and see what he can come up with and if he can order more. He only charged me 59 cents a piece - postage would cost you more than that but I really appreciate you offering to send me some.
  20. Sable, that would be great. (...and a supplier name...) I think the smaller scale would work well. Thanks everyone for your advice.
  21. I wish I could take that Montgomery off your hands.... I'm looking for a Georgian but I don't have the money to buy it new. You are one lucky woman....
  22. Thank you ladies, I have metal embellishments. What I'm trying to do is give the furniture a 'routed' look. I have one piece of a small trim that, if I glue it onto wood gives it a nice depth and 'finished' look. For example if you look at a sofa, the wood parts are routed, carved - they have dimension. I tried to take pictures and will attach them. That's why I'm looking for molding. I just held the pieces together but that is what I think I want to do with it and 1:12 is too big for that.
  23. So, I've been thinking about making furniture... and I'v been thinking that some of the furniture would look way more elegant with trims. I don't carve, so what about smaller scale wood trims? I figured if I use a trim along the bottom of a sofa seat it would look really good. I've been searching HBS - but I can't find anything I like for it (and I've used my April 1st coupon on channel molding to finish the back of my Worthington...) Can anyone of the smaller scale builders think of a good place where I can order small scale trim? I'd like to make a sample order of 4 or 5 different ones and see how they look in real life. Thanks everyone, Soapz
  24. If you want glass shelves with a plastic frame - I would use that 3mm wide white adhesive paper tape they sell at craftstores as a frame. Michaels has it in the scrapbook section.
  25. You shouldn't have posted this... It's awful - I was working on my papers, saw this message and: Uhhhhhh shiny! and spent the last hour trying to figure out what I want to buy....