Soapz

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Soapz

1. Hello Carmen, I second what Nutti said. The kits are usually sold for less than $100 on ebay (I got one for $48 a few months ago)- so you are not decreasing the value by fixing it up. Those kits were mass-produced, so even being vintage and discontinued did not really increase its value. In actuality, it's more the opposite. A lot of us are sinking a lot of hours and money into those kits (whether new or refurbish) which will influence the 'monetary' value of a house - however, building/renovating one, giving it your personal touch, putting in your blood,sweat, and tears - is what will make up the value for you. Read some of the entries here in the forum about building, renovating, and who sells what - that should give you a good start to decide what to do with the house. Have fun!
  2. For the paint I would google blue exterior paint palettes - that usually helps me decide
  3. Soapz

Current layout

I'm already rethinking that bathroom. I like the floors -but the tile - not so much....... I would like the tiles to be more flat and square. A bit more modern - if that makes sense. I'll see what I can come up with.
  4. Soapz

Current layout

From the album: Newberg Cape house

I think with the floor - the bedroom does look bigger than the bathroom. I'm still planning to donate the house to a fundraiser, so moving the walls is too involved right now.
  5. Soapz

Hallway

The floor still needs some stain and sealer
  6. Just got done going through your blog, Brae. What a wonderful idea for a house. I really enjoy your blog. Good luck for the contest!
  7. I do have a profile - just never got around to doing anything with it. I might start loading some of my mini pics User name: soapz01
  8. So, while I haven't made any progress with the walls, I have tweaked the other Chris' tile tutorial to make bathroom tiles from paperbacked veneer. I will report how that turned out....
  9. I just realized that my last acquired house kit will most likely cost more to finish than what my car is valued at......... hahahaha - and I'm not even talking furniture, just the build with the electrics..........
  10. That might actually work. I'll have to knock out my finals this weekend, so I'll be getting back to that wall and the house. I want to finish it by Christmas. I'm also debating Sable's idea of closing the dormer and have a blind window. And maybe I'm overthinking it, because this will be a donation house - so my furniture won't have to fit it anyways. I just pulled one of my beds and it was impossible in those rooms. Thanks y'all to help me out here. I will give this a lot more consideration (starting Monday) and let y'all know what I did with it.
  11. Soapz

Awkward anyone...?

But that still leaves me with the dormer problem? If the walls go in where they are supposed to go - I have two 8 inch wide rooms available - standard bed length is 6 to 6.5 inches long - it overwhelms the room.
  12. I thought about a Murphy - I also thought about a daybed - it could be a vacation home. But somehow - if I use the correct measurement - they all look too big - like if they were out of scale. Is that me being weird? Or are they actually really big? Would a brass frame bed do better? A platform bed without a headboard to reduce mass? The width of the bed is not the problem - the 6 to 6.5 inch length is killing the room.
  13. Hey y'all, I need help because I am stumped. I've been fiddling around with that Newport house and it just won't do - that's what happens if the house is too small for big plans. It's about them @#$@#%@#$% bedroom walls. If I leave them where they are supposed to go, I have about 8 inches in width for a bedroom - no way that a bed will fit in there without overwhelming the room. I really can't move the left side interior wall without covering up the staircase hole - which I really don't want to do. But, if I move the right interior wall: This would leave me with a 10 inch wide bedroom - fits a bed, but look at that dormer. Any which way I move that thing it is awkward and doesn't look right. Suggestions? Shopping tips for a smaller size mini miniature bed? Anything?
  14. I'd rather not think about it - 'cause I already have a shopping list a mile long for next year............
  15. From the album: Newberg Cape house

This would leave me with about 10 inches for a bedroom - but look at that dormer and window placement
  16. Soapz

Moved right wall

This would leave me with about 10 inches for a bedroom
  17. Soapz

Awkward anyone...?

That just looks....
  18. From the album: Newberg Cape house

This leaves me with 8 3/8 inches for a bedroom in width
  19. Soapz

Rocking Horse

He's a bit of a punk,,,, hahaha. Love it - one of these days I'm going to get one, Steve,...
  20. There used to be a big miniature shop in the Königsbau building in downtown Stuttgart. I don't know if that still exists (been 10 years). This one still advertises as active: Puppenstuben-Allerlei Marktplatz 92/2 Stuttgart, Germany This one too: Cinderella Mode in Miniatur Silvia Leiner Sonnenbergstr.72 70184 Stuttgart Tel. +49 (0)711 235565 SBLeiner@aol.com Not sure if they have many miniatures, but it's the oldest toyshop in the region: Spielwaren Kurtz Sporerstraße 8, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany These one is not too far from Stuttgart: Barbara's Kleine Welt Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße 30 73614 Schorndorf Tel. +49 (0)7181 - 2 31 35 Margits Puppenhaus Margit & Mareike Altdörfer Erich-Kästner-Strasse 13 76149 Karlsruhe Tel.: +49 (0)721 - 758 562 For Frankfurt: J.H.Fuhr GmbH & Co KG Sonnenstraße 23-31 35390 Gießen (about 1 hour away from Frankfurt
  21. He'll pop back in when he is feeling up to it. I can respect that - and like Sable said: his work is still available on flickr, so he isn't really gone, just taking a break.