Soapz

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by Soapz

1. On 1/2/2019, 1:33:07, Debsrand56 said:

I didn't even know you could do that (because I hate that ugly red mahogany).  It sounds like it was a lot of work, but it was totally worth it.  It looks a million times better!  Did you also reupholster? 

No, I liked the original upholstery - my problem is the red mahogany Bespaq seems so fond of. It completely covers the grain, it is lacquered to the extreme and the color is just off. 

2. I'm already rethinking that bathroom. I like the floors -but the tile - not so much....... I would like the tiles to be more flat and square. A bit more modern - if that makes sense. I'll see what I can come up with.

3. Pat, you need to use every other pair to get the 6 minus and 6 plus poles bundled. (Don't know if they call it that....) Every bulb has an A and a B wire. By connecting them like I did every other wire pairing you get all the As together and all the Bs - then you take each bundle and connect it to the main wire.

I drew at least 3 diagrams to make sure that that will work. 

I didn't use pre-wired bulbs, but store bought bi-pins. I just cut regular wire, widened one end a bit with a hot sewing needle and then pushed the pins into the wire - I figured that's the easiest way to do it (and I had those bulbs).Sealed and insulated with glue at the bulb bottom and covered it with a brass tube.

4. I just went for a typical herringbone pattern - if you google floor patterns parquet you'll find tons of different ones. I used veneer edge banding (Home Depot or Lowes). I used a paper guillotine cutter to cut it in half lengthwise and then 3/4 inch pieces.

If you are looking for fancy brick patterns - google tudor brick patterns - there are a lot of nice ones out there.

5. Very nice, Brae. If you ever feel like sharing what kind of led you put in those lamps, or a picture from the inside.... I got two of those somewhere in a drawer.

On another note: whenever I see those lights (I got mine from hobby lobby) I think of ebay.... there is one seller who's been trying to sell one of those for almost $20 for weeks now................