• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Matt
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4924 profile views
  1. May you all be inspired and be able to pursue all you want in the mini (and real) world! I have so much to be thankful for . . more to come later . . . . but it will be a nice Christmas for me.  I appreciate my family here on the forum and those near and dear to me.  Very thankful! Matt
  2. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Arrow Victorian Mansion https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Arrow-Victorian-Mansion-Dream-Wood-Dollhouse-1980-Kit-/232572149972?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
  3. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I love her work!  I would love to see her studio.  
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Robin Carey Willowcrest on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Newly-Finished-Willowcrest-Mannor-Dollhouse-/142594696720?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
  5. Your Very Best Tip

Walk away when you are making mistakes and get frustrated.  Come back to your project a few days/weeks/months later and it will give you a new perspective and you won't be frustrated. 
  6. Opinions on Shutters on the Cape may

I have done some research for Italianate houses with shutters.  Some windows have shutters, some do not.  But I was hard pressed to find one with a tower and with shutters.  Most all I saw had the cupola on top of a square house with shuttered windows. Al this being said and considered, I am still up in the air on which choice.  The kit had shutters, so that is why I originally planned for them.  But, of course, the windows were plain.  So the shutters dressed up the house quite a bit.  I will live with it for a while before making a final decision.   I am working on "mortaring" the foundation (tinted joint compound).  I have real mini mortar, but discovered in doing the chimneys, it dries too fast, and was very difficult to work with.  I should have known to work with what I know (joint compound).  Thank you EVERYONE for the input and compliments!  I really do appreciate them.  As we all get, sometimes it is frustrating and you think, what you are working on does not look good.  Our group of encouragers/enablers really helps! Oh yes, on the interior, it is bare at the moment. There are only floors, no interior walls.  I will make my decisions on that and put in the walls after I prime and start the wiring.  Pictures will come on that soon! Matt
  7. Opinions on Shutters on the Cape may

And without . . . 
  8. Opinions on Shutters on the Cape may

Here it is with the paper mock-ups.  These are the only windows that will look right with shutters.
  9. Opinions on Shutters on the Cape may

This is the problem.  They won't look good on the tower and the double windows.  Of course the dormer windows is a no-go.  so that leaves the single window on the main body of the house.  I like the idea of paper mock-ups!
  10. Should I or Shouldn't I?  I am torn.
  11. 20171115_165855.jpg

12. 20171115_165847.jpg

13. 20171115_165836.jpg