Recent Profile Visitors

5950 profile views
  1. 20180809-222444[1].jpg

From the album Vineyard Cottage

2. Front of Cottage

3. Shingling of Bathroom Addition

After getting this far with the addition, I realized it was too big for the cottage.  So next step is to cut it down so it is more in proportion with the rest of the house.  I want it to look like the small bath added on some years later that is only big enough for the tub, sink, and toilet. I am going to use the Chrysnbon set here.
  4. Braxton Payne

I just wanted to let you all know what a great experience I have had with this miniaturist. I recently bought one of Braxton Payne's cast New Orleans houses off eBay. It was missing the card stock window and door printouts to be placed on it. I contacted him through his Etsy store. He was GREAT! He was shocked I was able to find the house from 1994. He emailed me the instructions and graphics for the house for free.  I think this one completes my collection of these houses he used to do for the New Orleans miniature show each year.  He he said that he had just talked to his friends that live in the model house just yesterday.  I know there are more of his houses out there on Etsy and eBay, but for his response to me to be so positive is wonderful. It makes me feel better to continue to purchase his mini items.  
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

A Model Homes San Francisco kit just popped up on eBay.  This is a smaller version of my Cape May I am building.  It is not a bad starting price and shipping is reasonable as this kit is heavy.  I have two of them in my stash  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=1202&_nkw=model+homes&_sop=10
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

It was actually the first dollhouse I built 30+ years ago!  I think it came from the Sears catalog and it was my BIG gift for Christmas from Santa!  The kit is die cut, comes with the paper shingles, and plastic clapboard siding and shutters.  There is also plastic wainscoting and a fireplace for the interior.  The ones in my stash I plan on bashing them (of course) and upgrade all of those components.  It is a Skilcraft kit.  Here is a picture of the kit I had originally from an old eBay auction.  It did not have the carriage house. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VICTORIAN-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-BY-SKILCRAFT-FROM-1970-S-model-680-NIB-/191682339017?hash=item2ca12860c9&nma=true&si=%252Fr2stF%252FOh7ZIiFOUhGlg%252FQ4RW5g%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

This house keeps popping up on my eBay search.  It is a great deal with cheap shipping!  I have two of these in my stash or I would be tempted (still am!) to bid on this.  These kits are 1/4" plywood and really great kits. https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-1979-Dollhouse-Kit-victorian-mansion-with-cottage/113168494649?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  8. Yes, the CM is a Model Homes.  And I do have this add a room kit!  I bought mine for MUCH less money a few months back on eBay.  I figured I would use is on another Model Homes Kit I have that is smaller than the CM.   Life is going well.  Our Real house is getting the attention it needs (new roof, foundation work, and new exterior painting soon).  So that has kept me busy.  But things are settling down some and I am getting back to my minis!
  9. What's everyone working on?

I am back!  I just started getting back on the forum and seeing what everyone else is working on.  During the work progress on the real house and I was unable to work on the Cape May, so I started the Vineyard Cottage.  It is coming along, but I haven't touched it in 3 weeks   I need to get back to it and post new pictures in the album.  I have the exterior almost shingled and will be ready to paint it soon.  But now the craft room, in the real house, is done and I can get back to the Cape May!  And just the other day I stumbled upon a complete set of the Goebel Mini Stuart Library set!  I snapped it up in a heartbeat.  Now I know what to do with that wine case I have been holding onto for 5 years!  So many projects are now pulling me in so many directions.  I guess it is a good "problem" to have 
  10. Victorian lighting

Try Heidi Ott miniatures in the UK.  They have some great Victorian lighting that is affordable.  You can find their stuff on eBay from US sellers and some on-line stores carry their products.  Not sure what you budget is, but Ray Storey is a great source along with Mr K, and Lighting Bug.  They all can be pricey, but I have been able to find some bargains on eBay.
  11. I have been doing some cleaning and decided I won't be doing these two projects.  I have them listing on eBay, but have not had any interest, so I thought someone on the forum might be interested.  If so, let me know and I can end the auction and sell at a forum discount so I know they are going to someone who will appreciate them  https://www.ebay.com/itm/153102420892?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 https://www.ebay.com/itm/163152511672?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

This is the Skilcraft Country Manor!  A great buy!  I have it in my stash, but paid more than $20 for the kit! 
  13. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same person who I emailed about a month ago from CL.  For the price of the house, and saying it was a death . . . .
  14. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

They used the same windows, doors and laser cut baluster I am using on the Cape May.  Good Taste!  It is a nice build! 
  15. 20180322_223435.jpg

That is Oswald.  He is a BIG cat.  He would fill this build up quick if he tried to get into it.  He is very curious every time I sit down to work on it.