madtex1967

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by madtex1967

1. I recently purchased these paintings and was wondering if anyone knew about them. They are signed "Boyd". I did a search and found Jean Boyd in the UK. I sent her an email, but am not sure if they are her's. I loved them since they are Louisiana plantation homes and her detail is great!
  2. Our first round of parades started the weekend of the 11th - 12th. I rode Sunday (19th) in King Arthur. This coming weekend is a busy one for me. I have a wedding to attend on Friday night, and then I ride in Tucks the following Saturday. I have Sunday to recover and then payroll on Monday (Lundi Gras) morning before leaving for the rest of the afternoon and off on Tuesday (Mardi Gras). But back to work and regular (as much as it can be in NOLA) on Wednesday! Whew! I am trying to get in some work on the Cape May as much as I can during all this!
  3. I have been busy the past few days with the first weekend of Carnival. But got back to the Cape May today. I finished up the new porch roof. I made it like the tower roof and the new roof for my entry stoop. I also built the two chimneys. The kit came with solid wood blocks, but I needed them hollow so I could insert my smoking units. Pics to be posted soon in the gallery.
  4. Fine here! In the Quarter we only had some hard rain and light hail. But the East. Geesh! I am lucky as no one I know had any damage.
  5. I think I am going to try that. I have bunches of strip wood and dental trim. Since they are not next to one another (just near), the differences may not show!
  6. It's Fixed! I patched the wall and recut the window. Then shingled over the siding. I am really happy with this!
  7. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Tower Walls Shingled! Goof Fixed!
  8. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

9. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

10. Oh Kathie! I am so sorry to hear this! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
  11. I use FastStone Photo Resizer for simple picture sizing fixes. It was a free software (no ads!) and is simple to use. I found it when I was having trouble uploading pictures to my gallery on this site. It works great!
  12. Ahh, I wasn't thinking about the curve in the roof! Yes, I can see the issue there. It will be a bit more of a challenge.
  13. Well, I just ordered copper for my Cape May flat roof(s). I was thinking of gluing strip wood down and carefully folding the copper around each as I work each sheet down on the flat surfaces. I am anxious to see what others suggest and how you do this!
  14. I think I will experiment with shingling. I did that on the Garfield. I am just not sure how the shingles will lay with the siding already milled into the exterior walls. On the Garfield, I placed the band of shingles on the flat exterior and had the siding meet up to it. I will work on it this evening and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestions and help!
  15. Carmen! Thanks for the offer, but, I don't want your kit to be missing any pieces. I do have the SF kit I could pilfer the siding pieces to make the corrections. I just hate to do that in case I might need it for that kit. Decisions, Decisions!
  16. Doing as I should have, I measure twice (actually 4 times!) and cut once. As I stood back, I realized what I had done. When I first measure and measured for the oval tower window, I did not have the front tower panel in place. I have detached it to make it hinged access. I have the oval tower window lined up with the dormer windows and the oval window in the gable end. They line up perfect! Now as I stand back, the oval tower window looks odd compared to the front full window on the tower. It sits way too low, in my opinion. I do have more of the full size windows and could replace the ovals with those to line up with the front window. But I really wanted the look of the oval on the tower sides. I don't have any more of the siding panels to repair the cut opening. My only other thought is possibly doing a few rows of shingles that may cover the mistake. But unsure how that will look. Thoughts?
  17. Here is a great buy if in the area (Grayslake, IL). It is the Shadow on the Tech dollhouse from plans from Doll Domiciles. It is VERY big and needs some TLC. But it sure could be a beauty! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plantation-Style-Wooden-Dollhouse-/192086144612?hash=item2cb939f664:g:02UAAOSwA3dYY9xj
  18. Thanks for your help Carmen! I have several of the windows in full size, including the doubles. I am really only looking for the attic size windows.
  19. It's my turn, Like Carmen's, to ask for help. I am in search of two windows for my Cape May. I am replacing the windows in the house with the Miniature House (later Classics) Yorktown Windows. To me they look more Victorian Style that Colonial. Anyway, I came across the smaller version of the window for attics. It was in a lot of building items I purchased some time back on eBay. But I only have one. I have added two more dormer windows (for a total of 3) to the attic and would love to have the windows match the rest of the house. As you can see by the picture, they are only 2" x 4" in size. Can anyone help, either locate at a retailer or have in their stash? I am will to pay for them! Thanks!
  20. I am actually adding 2 extra dormers! I want to fully use the attic in this house!
  21. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Tower walls almost done! I love my books for weight!
  22. From the album: Model Homes Cape May Victorian

Tower walls almost done! I love my books for weight!